100kg's on Dual Suspension

kingmilo

Check the pressure regularly! I can't imagine that a shop would let a bike go out the door with 20psi in the shock! It could be that the rear shock is losing pressure. You will be well advised to let the bike shop know about this if this is the case so that they can replace under warrantee.

One of the best things I invested in was a shock pump. You need to check the pressures quite frequently.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the pressure regularly! I can't imagine that a shop would let a bike go out the door with 20psi in the shock! It could be that the rear shock is losing pressure. You will be well advised to let the bike shop know about this if this is the case so that they can replace under warrantee.

There was a set of Nude2 shocks that had defective seals around 2012/13 - that could still be an issue on that shock.

Nothing that a simple shock overhaul won't resolve.

Now spare a thought for the Elite lady (cannot remember who) that finished her stage in the Epic with a shot rear shock.

at 6'2" (188cm) you should ride more a XL frame than a Large?

I am 188cm and a Specialized Camber LARGE is big enough.

The new Fox CTD set-up procedure also left my rear shock too pap, despite following the instructions closely.

When I added 20psi of pressure, the rear shock worked like a charm!

I think it is definitely a trial and error process...as unscientific as that may be.

I checked the effective top tube for a large is 630cm .I am 6,4' and all my bikes have an effective top tube of 640cm .So the size is OK .I pump my fox ctd rear shock 235psi for my weight of 99kg .While training for MM in 2 weeks i experimented with shock lockout today at klapperkop tower route .My conclusion is that my climbing was better with both shocks unlocked when it is really rocky .Worst is when both are locked , the front starts drifting and bouncing ,Rear loses traction quicker .Flat surface climbs do better when both are locked