Pinarello

bikemakpro

Hi all, watch out for this one being sold as genuine Pin shod with genuine Boras, however anything but the real thing. http://www.gumtree.c...840910001717009

The brand in SA has taken a huge knock, due in no small measure to Cycle Science's opportunistic shenanigans and the relatively cheap chinarello knockoffs available at the click of a non-ASG button. For my (admittedly limited) money, I prefer to steer clear of the brand altogether.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why are so many people fixated about Pina? I have passed a lot of guys on Pina with my alu Schwinn many times on the road :w00t: . when are people going to learn that it is not about the bike but the person riding the bike :whistling:

Honestly, its actually quite easy, as I'll show you with this visual demonstration.

Schwinn:

post-29877-0-90357700-1399908940_thumb.jpg

Pinarello:

post-29877-0-06983800-1399908940_thumb.jpg

Sure, its not about the bike, but when its that pretty, maybe its a little about the bike.

Guest EdEdEd

Hi all, watch out for this one being sold as genuine Pin shod with genuine Boras, however anything but the real thing. http://www.gumtree.c...840910001717009

From the ad:

his bike is brand new. Only 200km done. Complete Carbon fibre. Comes with Look Pedals (R1500),Carbon fibre handle bar(R2500) , Carbon fibre BORA ULTRA TWO CAMPAGNOLA RIMS(R30 000),Michelin tyres(R1500),(wireless computer(R800), Pinarello bottle cages x 2 (R600)Fizik seat (R2500)...... Ultegra groupset and Frame size is a 52- 54cm. Bike weighs 7.2kg. Bought for argus and now need to sell urgently to do repairs to the roof. Will look at all serious offers. THIS IS A STEAL! BRAND NEW! brian http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/campagnolo-bora-ultra-2-road-wheelset-dark-label-2014/rp-prod88930

I.E: Its stolen!

Guest EdEdEd

why are so many people fixated about Pina? I have passed a lot of guys on Pina with my alu Schwinn many times on the road :w00t: . when are people going to learn that it is not about the bike but the person riding the bike :whistling:

i can pass a Aston Martin with my Triton... doesn't say much does it :whistling:

Please when anyone buys Dogma , check through ASG!!

Not only Dogma, wheel sets as well. I saw some fakes...

Lots of guy imports fake stuff.. be careful.... :(

Wouldn't buy any carbon products off the net without having laid hands on it.

Just to many fakes doing the rounds now.

Guest EdEdEd

Yoh! Really?! Cant be...

Guest EdEdEd

Yoh! Really?! Cant be...

Yoh! Really?! Cant be...

Yes. That's why when u buy a wheel set, check which year model the wheel set is and check the hubs.

Fake wheel sets dont use original hubs..... and check the rims as well :)

From the ad:

I.E: Its stolen!

Im so sorry if im wrong, but I found some differences between urs and other dogmas

on seat stay? There is a world champion mark which is started blue and the end is green but urs is upside down. And there is letters Sky with pro Cycling which urs doesnt have may be I only cant see that bec od camera angle.

And the drop-out is supposed to be black not silver/grey.

Dogma's drop-out is normally same coulour as the frame colout. If a frame is red the drop out is red, a frame is white the drop our is white (mine)

And on the head tube there is supposed to be a pinarello mark not sky mark.... basically ur dogma's decals are difference... seat tube, chainstay (?).. so I checked on google and my country's website. I can't find a dogma same as urs.

Have u ever registered ur dogma's serial number on pinarello web site?? Bec sometimes pinarello changes decals. My white dogma has two versions of decal on the seat tube.

I registered my number and I got an confirm email from pinarello. And ASG also confirmed it.

If u did and u had the email

And ur Bora decals are also.. weird to me...

Im not sure whether is bec of ur light

As I said if I am wrong, im truly sorry.

And I will apologise about this

Guest EdEdEd

As I said if I am wrong, im truly sorry.

Dont apologise to me, its not mine...

Check out the ad

I know it doesnt help but this is why I checked the serial number of my bike with ASG before I bought it.

(Internet is full of unhelpful comments...I'm just adding my 1c)

You must be seriously strong....