sluiper

I'm still deciding...

Look at it this way should you decide not to do it

How bad you will feel on Monday when everyone is talking about their day, or on the day while watching the other participants enjoying themselves...

Don't be a "I wish I hadda dunnit"

Rather say noddafok afterwards for good reason...

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good way of looking at it but now a shark attack?

Maybe its a sign...if u believe in hidden messages n stuff

Eish heaven forbid it happens but the odds are in your favor +/- 2000:1

Dont worry about the sharks, the number of boats in the water will scare them away. You also only really need to worry if you are in a pro and go off in wave one or right at the back

Dont worry about the sharks, the number of boats in the water will scare them away. You also only really need to worry if you are in a pro and go off in wave one or right at the back

Its right at the back that worries me!

Did you ever watch Jaws1,2,3. Those Sharks are not afraid of  little boats. :ph34r:  :whistling:

What did you think of the expo?

First expo at a sporting event I've actually bought something. Got a Merrell tri shirt, really nice @R600 and a seatpost bottlecage @ 25% less than at my LBS...

Slummies is not so friendly this year. Entering town yesterday passed a fatal pedestrian accident, this morning there's a knife fight in front of my hotel when I return from swimming, walking on the Esplanade can't believe the amount of public boozing going on in plain sight... And haven't seen even one law official of any kind around. 

Slummies is not so friendly this year. Entering town yesterday passed a fatal pedestrian accident, this morning there's a knife fight in front of my hotel when I return from swimming, walking on the Esplanade can't believe the amount of public boozing going on in plain sight... And haven't seen even one law official of any kind around.

Ja hey, have to agree with you.... K@k element about...

Just heard there was a Shark attack in EL Nahoon Beach, guy lost his foot.

Can anybody confirm this?

It was an isolated thing, a 1m raggie(young males have bad tempraments)

The guy got bitten on the ankle and lower leg. 

That was at Nahoon though which is a few ks away from the swim leg.

I flew back from jhb on Thursday after a business trip and the plane was full of people for the IM. 

The weather is not great at the moment, very windy and super humid.

Tomorrow it will swing though and the swim should be quite sheltered, the cycle might be bad if you dont get into it early enough though.

Good luck to any hubbers doing it.

Good luck all

The vibe is incredible

The sea is flat

And there are no wind down at the start... for now

Kudos to everyone that finished, that was probably the toughest 70.3 I've ever been involved with.

Swim was challenging, bike was brutal and the run was hot and humid !

I've never seen so many dnf's

Archived