A challenge to the technical chaps ....

NotSoBigBen

I have managed to get hold of a TT frame but unfortunately it has no seatpost clamp and as it's not a mainstream make I have been unable to find one :(

Thought that since there are quite a few knowledgeable chaps here on the hub that perhaps someone had an idea how to solve this conundrum ......

A standard 27.2 seatpost fits fine!

An option I have thought of would be to cut a slot on each side of that aero section right by the 'seat tube' then I guess also a slot in the back of the 'seat tube' to then fit a normal seatclamp and allow it to tighten around the seatpost if that makes sense (damn the grammar Nazi's are gonna have a field day with that sentence :o)

post-271-0-23175700-1399921404_thumb.jpg

post-271-0-23034300-1399921422_thumb.jpg

post-271-0-40400700-1399921442_thumb.jpg

post-271-0-48247000-1399921464_thumb.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be able to get an insert machined up for that thing that will fit into the rear portion, and flush against the top of the tube (not going into the seat cavity as that only just fits the 27.2.

The upper portion of the insert should have a 27.2 id round portion to fit a normal seatpost, with a cutout at the front or back so you can use a normal clamp.

Sorta like a submarine's tower at the top, with a tail dragger inserted into the rear (aero) portion of the seat tube.

Is the seat tube section alu or carbon?

Either way you'd either be able to get it welded to the existing tube, or bonded to the tube if its carbon by wrapping it with a bit more carbon...

You should be able to get an insert machined up for that thing that will fit into the rear portion, and flush against the top of the tube (not going into the seat cavity as that only just fits the 27.2.

The upper portion of the insert should have a 27.2 id round portion to fit a normal seatpost, with a cutout at the front or back so you can use a normal clamp.

Sorta like a submarine's tower at the top, with a tail dragger inserted into the rear (aero) portion of the seat tube.

Thanks Captain! Uhhhm can you draw picture?

What kind of 'establishment' do I need to go to, I guess a normal engineering type place would not be much use?

Thanks Captain! Uhhhm can you draw picture?

What kind of 'establishment' do I need to go to, I guess a normal engineering type place would not be much use?

Yeah, i can... Sorta. Hang a sec!

Is the seat tube section alu or carbon?

Either way you'd either be able to get it welded to the existing tube, or bonded to the tube if its carbon by wrapping it with a bit more carbon...

It looks carbon, getting it carbon wrapped would be no problem :)

Ok this may sound drastic but hear me out ...

How about getting a carbon seatpost and cut it to the correct height and have it 'bonded' in and tidied up by my carbon fibre repair mates at Macarbi?

I'll never sell anyway!

It is, eh!?

And wtf is up with that stem length on the ferrari bike?!

there is one of those at CycleLab Fourways .....