Scott

Apemanscolony

Just wondering how many people have problems with the Scott Sparks.

I had problems with the shocks, rear and front.

The BB gets worn out, in other words the frame wears out.

Its a awesome bike, and rides like a dream.

Scott have exchanged my frame x 3 times, with no issues, and the 4th one is on the way.

Whats the hubs thoughts?

Shocks stuffed again, but is it worth it to put Rp23 with CTD on and front schock with CTD to remove lockout lever(broke 2 and ist pricey to replace)

Go Fox. much better than the sid and nude2, no question.

You have to keep your bearings maintained regularily too, this really affects the longevity of your spark.

Mine is the entry level 960. I got it new for going on a year now - love it, no issues. Uses the X-Fusion E1 in the rear and front fork is Rock Shox XC 30.

My 940 (2013) also had a problem with the front shock had to get it repaired in Jan

Edited by F111

Have a Scott 950 2013 (bought 08/2012) and haven't had a single problem, must be one of the lucky ones.

"The pivot and bearings on SCOTT Spark are extremely easy to maintain.

An external treatment with a grease spray after every bike wash is all you have to do. We do not recommend heavy grease sprays since these will leave a film on the parts which is difficult to remove. We recommend the same for the chain also.

If you have to change the bearings you can order them included in a service kit at your local SCOTT dealer or buy them with international parts number as shown above in the specs list in a hardware store.

In case of a change of the bearings or of the rear swingarm you should contact your local SCOTT dealer as you need special tools for disassembly and assembly." as per the manual for a 2014 spark.

Shocks can have issues and BBs wear out.

Why were the frames replaced?

they didnt have shocks when shocks bombed out after MONTH OR SO HAVING THE BIKE, SO THEY REPLACED THE FRAME WITH BACK SHOCK...

I read somewhere, can't remember where, that the problem with these Scott's is owneres not servicing and maintaining the pivot points.

Over time they get gunked up with mud and dirt and slowly stop working properly which stresses th frame and then SNAP.

Just saying, check it out.

As for worn BB, might be incorrect instalation which damages the frame but a LBS should know what they are doing when assembling a bike.

I AGREE, MY BIKE GETS SERVICED AT A GOOD LBS, AND THEY REPLACED THE BB. THE BB PULLS OUT OFF THE FRAME AND THEN U CAN PUSH IT BACK BY HAND, WHICH IS NOT CORRECT...

YES PIVOTS IS IMPORTANT, AND I DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MINE, RODE IT FOR A YEAR ON SAME BEARINGS, CHANGED IT A MONTH BEFORE J2C

I read somewhere, can't remember where, that the problem with these Scott's is owneres not servicing and maintaining the pivot points.

Over time they get gunked up with mud and dirt and slowly stop working properly which stresses th frame and then SNAP.

Just saying, check it out.

As for worn BB, might be incorrect instalation which damages the frame but a LBS should know what they are doing when assembling a bike.

If you have a pressfit BB and carbon frame with no aluminium shell in it will wear out the carbon every single time the BB is removed and a new one refitted, it will take a long time but eventually it does have a negative effect

Gentleman, if there are any issues you would like to discuss and that we can assist you with please pop me a mail: joggie.prinsloo@scott-sports.co.za

I want you guys to keep one thing in mind. As a company we are putting a lot of money into our R&D to make sure we give the best possible product. Every year top engineers test the bikes and improve on previous years.

We will keep on innovating to better product every year!

All the best,

JOGGIE PRINSLOO

Scott Brand Manager

SCOTT SPORTS AFRICA (PTY) LTD.

Block 4,Unit 13, Kingfisher Office Park

Mt Edgecombe, Durban, South Africa

MOBILE:

+27 82 562 4540

FAX:

+27 31 502 6075

joggie.prinsloo@scott-sports.co.za

www.scott-sports.com

JOIN US ON

Guest Hollow Man

Love my Scott too. Got my new Contessa a week before W2W last year and enjoyed trouble free cycling ever since.

Hahaha, my tired eyes read this as WW2.....

I was like: :eek:

Gentleman, if there are any issues you would like to discuss and that we can assist you with please pop me a mail: joggie.prinsloo@scott-sports.co.za

I want you guys to keep one thing in mind. As a company we are putting a lot of money into our R&D to make sure we give the best possible product. Every year top engineers test the bikes and improve on previous years.

All the best,

JOGGIE PRINSLOO

Scott Brand Manager

MOBILE:

+27 82 562 4540

FAX:

+27 31 502 6075

www.scott-sports.com

JOIN US ON

Thanks Joggie

I am actually quite happy with my Scott, rides like a dream, but If I have any serious issues, I will contact you.

Guys also need to understand, although forks and shocks are part of a bike, it's not manufactured by the company. OEM parts are bought by the bike company to be fitted on the bikes. So if it the fork or shock flame the manufacturer

All the best,

JOGGIE PRINSLOO

Scott Brand Manager

MOBILE:

+27 82 562 4540

FAX:

+27 31 502 6075

www.scott-sports.com

JOIN US ON

Hi Joggie, I mailed you twice and never got a response. 10th and 17th of April.

Shocks fine, BB done 17 months still fine, key is regular servicing and keep it clean. I reckon the weak spot is the DT Swiss rear shock, but pivots don't seize by themselves... The get dirty, they get dry, they creak, and squeak and we keep ignoring them, and then something breaks... And it's a crap bike ? That doesn't make sense ?

• 3 months later...
Guest TheEpicOne

I bought a scott spark 910 2 months ago and have problems.

I get creaks and squeeks from my bike, local bike shop replaced pivots / bearings and tested the BB and according to them all fine but I still get the same creaks and squeeks!!! Very pissed off