Feeling ripped off by Cycle lab fourways

No Racing Snake

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He he he - did Chuckky tell you about our learning curve on the Citec/XKing seating? An hour of swearing solved by one extra wrap of tape.

Faaaaaark.

hahaha he did...we managed to get it seated with my compressor. Overall the citec's "gel" with all tyres I have put on...maxxis ikons especially bead well.

But stans rims and geax.....get yourself a bottle of brannas first...you are in for the long haul

Yip also a great way that I forgot to mention...works

i was amazed as to how easy this works. mate of mine getto tubelessed a non-tubeless rim & tire using this method, sealant and electrical tape.

edit: on a game special (std rims)

Edited by fanievb

yup, petrol station and one of these:

http://ridingway.com.au/2012/images/ValveConvert-FV-AV.jpg

Make sure you get the one that screws onto the valve stem not the valve itself or else you can't have the valve removed whilst inflating which is needed to have max air flow.

Nope unfair....he got a quote for the tyre not to fit / and convert(sealant / tape / maybe even a valve....who knows, but this part he left conveniently out). If he had a problem with that he should have done it himself.

Or lets ask mr OP this....would you have been ok if cyclelab fitted your tyre over the rim and left it like that, its fitted after all....all flat like?. NO you wouldn't have...but not prepared / don't have the know how to do it yourself, yet you think they should throw this in. Do you know how much sealant and rim tape cost? How much does it cost the lab while a tech converts your wheel whilst he could have been busy on other paying customers bikes?

He has champagne taste on a beer budget...think cyclelab can thank their lucky stars he won't be going there again....I wouldnt want him as a customer.

Valid point. I'll concede. :)

It appears as many of the quick assumptions and attacks on a "noob" or a rant are paid by bike shops to defend their poor deliverable

:eek: :lol: :lol: :eek:. I haven't received any EFT's from CL lately, gonna havta have a chat with "Andrew" :whistling:

The term "noob" in the context of this thread, refers to your Hub membership, not your riding experience.

post-39984-0-30105600-1400847726_thumb.png

Edited by Brogue

agreed ,I don't see what a hubbers number of posts has to do with **** service from a shop that isn't the first time has had complaints. It's clear that cycle lab fourways did not do what they agreed to do and that was match the price. Simple as that.

+1!

What I don’t get is why OP didn’t just buy it from the shop with the lowest price in the first place. Looks like he had no existing relationship with either of them. Once you start trading you setting yourself up for disappointment. Find a LBS shop you feel comfortable at, build a relationship and with and stay with them. You’ll win in the long run.

What I don’t get is why OP didn’t just buy it from the shop with the lowest price in the first place. Looks like he had no existing relationship with either of them. Once you start trading you setting yourself up for disappointment. Find a LBS shop you feel comfortable at, build a relationship and with and stay with them. You’ll win in the long run.

These days people want a quick fix, they don't invest time into relationships. Sad really.

There's nothing new here, could apply to any shop. it's not great but we all f..... Up from time to time. establish a relationship with a shop, and this takes time, believe me it does. Buy you mechanic a few beers over Christmas, spend some time and money in the shop, and then they will bend over backwards. Most of all discuss your problems face to face, you did this, I'm not happy can we reach a compromise. Bike shops often want to solve problems, that cost money with small margins... Tough job. And no, I don't own a bike shop, but have a good relationship with my local bike shop and the mechanic, and It works.... But it takes time