Do you know what you are covered for / Cyclesure?

Mats

Dear Hollard, one more thing...

Love the way Hollard starts their 1st post and intro on the hub:

"....besides sponsoring a bunch of cycling properties we also have a large Hollardite cycling community..." What are you trying to say, that we as cyclists owe you something and you are doing your teeny bit? Have you ever gone out and sponsored some helmets and reflective jackets to the 100s of poor who ride daily to work and back on these dangerous roads on their bicycles? Have you attempted to investigate why we are getting hijacked left right and center for our bikes so that you don't have to approve many pay outs? Have you ever approached authorities to help make our roads safer, especially for cyclists? There's many threads here about cycling safety and our concerns for your Hollardites to read. You will also notice that we are getting mowed down like weed, so I apologize for ranting on about how upset we get when our bikes get stolen or damaged and insurance companies give us the run around or a hard time while speaking on the phone to someone who absolutely knows nothing of our sport/hobby.

What's "cycling properties" and how large is this "Hollardite")? Why didn't all these "Hollardites" not point out the wrongs with the way you do things and why haven't we seen any "Hollardites" on the hub before?. Hubbers are not stupid and there are many respected and knowledgable people amongst us.

Now Hollard wants to come on here after all the cyclists started standing together and questioning what exactly we paying for when we insure our bikes and goods and asking us to help Hollard to fix this problem we have with them, Hollard and Cyclesure, while getting a free promotional ride on the back of the Hub. Why only post here 9 to 5, the hub is a forum, not a 9 to 5 office job, where's all the "Hollardites", are they truly passionate about cycling as you want us to believe, or do 99% of them dust off their bikes once or twice a year to go support a Hollard sponsored event?

Who is Hollard, who is the person behind the name posting here? As you can see, we are tired to get milked and sucked dry. The time has come for companies to up their game big time, to be honest, do their homework and get the right people to work for them and to stop BS'ing people. Only these companies will survive because our economy demands it and with todays social media technologies news spread like wild fires.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EdEdEd

In short.

Hollard ek dink jy (julle) is n peophol

My opinie

In short.

Hollard ek dink jy (julle) is n peophol

My opinie

Nooooooo!!! EdEdEd don't go that route.....your anger even let you to misspell poephol........stay cultivated and refined.......rather use "sphincter analus maximus horribalis".

(.....after all, it is all in the copulation small print....and this fred must stay active......already lost one today)

In short.

Hollard ek dink weet jy (julle) is n peophol

My opinie

Fixed it for you.

The only reason they (Hollard) responded is because of the negative publicity on the hub.

Thanks but no thanks, Hollard.

Yes. Sorry I didn't read the whole post.

Its like Vodacom's capping system. I capped my 3G at 2gig. It didn't stop and I had to pay R2,000 extra. Their T&C's said they are not responsible for failure of their capping system. End of story

I feel your pain. My cousin had the same thing happen but his was to the tune of R14,000.00

Guest EdEdEd

Nooooooo!!! EdEdEd don't go that route.....your anger even let you to misspell poephol........stay cultivated and refined.......rather use "sphincter analus maximus horribalis".

(.....after all, it is all in the copulation small print....and this fred must stay active......already lost one today)

Just being honest...

Makes me angry when koital corporates have intercourse with unsuspecting consumers...

(This sounds so wrong)

@Hollard

I always cringe a little when a person / company think they can come on the Hub and easily appease Hubbers with a simple post. It usually elicits a severe backlash.

Please understand: this debate has been going on a very long time (in the electronic age) before you were coaxed into a response. Your people are slipping badly.

Hubbers may make spelling errors and have shorthand posts but it is a community with a more than average income, education and a very specific passion. Your marketing people should be able to confirm this. Do not underestimate us.

Your explanation is lame. The client was/ is under the impression that her claim was rejected. How could she reasonably be under this wrong impression if it was not communicated to her? If it was still under review - tell her : "it is still under review".

Asking for physical force to person or property as a prerequiste for a claim is in direct contrast to the advise given by all security experts that tell us not to resist.

The Hub has already sorted out her problem. You are going to correct this by paying out her claim and hoping we will all clap in grattitude. That should have been done before the public disaster. Again do not underestimate us.

Go back. Draw up a proper policy. Plan to commit to it. Come back and publish it in full. We will make informed decisions.

ALL my policies have now been cancelled with your company.

Yours Truly

Talus

Hello cyclists.

As a company which is passionate about fairness and extremely passionate about cycling (besides sponsoring a bunch of cycling properties we also have a large Hollardite cycling community) we are really heartsore about this matter and wanted to provide some clarity. While we are prevented by law from discussing individual cases (to protect the privacy of our customers), we'd like to share these things:

1. While Cyclesure (our long-time broker partner), based on the facts at hand, told our customer that Hollard would be within its rights to reject the claim, a final decision about the claim had not yet been made at the time of the complaint. Any claim which could potentially be rejected is subjected to a thorough process in which all of the merits of the claim are assessed to ensure we're treating our customers fairly. In this case, we had subsequently and independently of any other communication arrived at a positive resolution for our customer. We'll be communicating that resolution to the customer.

2. The policy document that was posted to this thread is not the current policy wording for Cyclesure’s policy. They have a new document, which we think is much easier to read and certainly more jargon-free (we're striving to kill jargon but it’s a stubborn beast) and we would be happy to send anyone a copy on request.

3. We know that you cyclists know cycling better than we do, so we'll be looking at all of the comments to understand how we could potentially improve our policies (and please feel free to mail us if you have any ideas).

4. Lastly, we would like to stress that there really are some powerful avenues for any insured to pursue in cases where they feel that an insurer has treated them unfairly. These include lodging a formal complaint with the insurer and then, if no satisfaction is obtained, contacting the Ombudsman for Short-term Insurance (www.osti.co.za). The Ombudsman is independent of insurance companies and charged with upholding the principles of fairness and equity in insurance dealings. And he really does.

If you have any queries regarding this or any matter, please feel free to contact us via ask@hollard.co.za.

Liar liar your bibs are on fire

Guest EdEdEd
Liar liar your bibs are on fire

Hehe. To the point vettes! :thumbup:

I think mr hollard went to bed last night "i can rest easy. The boss will be happy that TheHub situation has been sorted"

Die hub se mense gaan le nie sommer nie

3rd party covers the crap that you cause. If you drive into someone else and it is your fault then 3rd party will pay out on your behalf..

3rd party takes the risk of you on the road into consideration, not how many cars you have. My argument is based on the same point. Since the bikes are covered at home under household insurance, the additional insurance we need to take out basically covers your "on the road" risk.

My opinion is that the risk for this is the same no matter which bike you are riding

Let me see if I get what you are saying.

Your insurance should cover "you" the user of said bikes and vehicles against theft, damage, etc. rather than covering the actual items, as you will only be using one at a time, therefor you are only capable of damaging and therefore claiming on one bike/vehicle at a time, for lack of a better explanation.

Now this would be nice, but only if you ever only use one at a time.

@Hollard (2):

Since I am still at work my thoughts are a little random and I would like to add:

By tomorrow multiple persons (>20?) would have made a tangible financial contribution. Many more will have indicated their support. Very few of these people know Carpet personally (I for one do not even know her name), but all of us felt that morally it was the right thing to do.

Hollard on the other hand will have her detail in the finest minutae. More important you have a working relationship and a contract (with her paying you - to state the obvious), yet your people did not feel morally or otherwise convinced that her claim was valid. If the case is still under review it implies that it was not deemed to be valid at some stage. Clearly our moral compasses differ.

Please do not tell us about all the fraudulant claims you have to entertain - that is part and parcel of your job. To bring that point up in this discussion is tantamount to stating that you seriously considered fraud in THIS case. The facts are very obvious to us. We showed that in a language that you are conversant in. To a total stranger.

My suggestion to Carpet is not to accept any payments you will authorise now since it will clearly be only to buy our silence. That is obviously up to her to decide. In any case she will have her bike back. That is all she wanted. She wanted it so bad that she insured her bike. The good thing that came from all of this is that many of us have now woken up to the futile concept that represents.

As far as the cycling academy goes - I am clearly not the only person that has never heard of it. Maybe it would be good PR to tell us more about it. We may be able to contribute to it. The Hub is a generous place.

Yours Truly

Talus

So who is the digital media agency looking after Hollard? The response has been a "damage control" attempt with no substance except standard insurance waffle.

Yep, they want you to call them and speak to call center agent #2399567389576569393

Said call center agent knows sweet eff all about what she is talking about other than whats she's studied in the script since she begun 3 days ago.

Why doesnt Mr Hollard show some actual character and answer all our questions in lehmans terms without any marketing BS or catches that when your bike gets jacked you have to have been stabbed to be elligable for a sympathy claim.... aaah shame, this oukie got stabbed, lets pay him out.

Insurance as is will always be a grudge purchase, come on Hollard!!!!!!

Wanna win clients business, stop with all the red tape BS and attract customers.

Hello cyclists.

As a company which is passionate about fairness and extremely passionate about cycling (besides sponsoring a bunch of cycling properties we also have a large Hollardite cycling community) we are really heartsore about this matter and wanted to provide some clarity. While we are prevented by law from discussing individual cases (to protect the privacy of our customers), we'd like to share these things:

1. While Cyclesure (our long-time broker partner), based on the facts at hand, told our customer that Hollard would be within its rights to reject the claim, a final decision about the claim had not yet been made at the time of the complaint. Any claim which could potentially be rejected is subjected to a thorough process in which all of the merits of the claim are assessed to ensure we're treating our customers fairly. In this case, we had subsequently and independently of any other communication arrived at a positive resolution for our customer. We'll be communicating that resolution to the customer.

2. The policy document that was posted to this thread is not the current policy wording for Cyclesure’s policy. They have a new document, which we think is much easier to read and certainly more jargon-free (we're striving to kill jargon but it’s a stubborn beast) and we would be happy to send anyone a copy on request.

3. We know that you cyclists know cycling better than we do, so we'll be looking at all of the comments to understand how we could potentially improve our policies (and please feel free to mail us if you have any ideas).

4. Lastly, we would like to stress that there really are some powerful avenues for any insured to pursue in cases where they feel that an insurer has treated them unfairly. These include lodging a formal complaint with the insurer and then, if no satisfaction is obtained, contacting the Ombudsman for Short-term Insurance (www.osti.co.za). The Ombudsman is independent of insurance companies and charged with upholding the principles of fairness and equity in insurance dealings. And he really does.

If you have any queries regarding this or any matter, please feel free to contact us via ask@hollard.co.za.

Thanks for your post.

I have send you a email via the email address ask@hollard.co.za.

Yep, they want you to call them and speak to call center agent #2399567389576569393

Said call center agent knows sweet eff all about what she is talking about other than whats she's studied in the script since she begun 3 days ago.

Why doesnt Mr Hollard show some actual character and answer all our questions in lehmans terms without any marketing BS or catches that when your bike gets jacked you have to have been stabbed to be elligable for a sympathy claim.... aaah shame, this oukie got stabbed, lets pay him out.

Insurance as is will always be a grudge purchase, come on Hollard!!!!!!

Wanna win clients business, stop with all the red tape BS and attract customers.

Well they did commit to be here again at 9:00AM...they committed to it, I expect them to be here. We all have some questions and "what if" scenarios that we want to run past them.

9AM, so where are the questions guys? Can't answer if nobody asks.

I am sitting and listening carefully as I have never claimed but would like to see where this is going for future reference

Archived