HUBBERS LETS HELP CARPET

DIPSLICK

OK, found the thread. Will look at everything carefully to see whether repudiation is valid.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

I am unable to contribute financially as my present finances won't allow me.

I don't want to derail the initiative to collect money to replace the bike, but it strikes me that the insurer is getting off lightly, possibly because it is too inconvenient, frustrating or time- consuming to force it to pay.

I also don't know what the circumstances of the matter are and how Carpet's bike was wrecked (perhaps someone can direct me to a thread that clarifies this), but what I am able to do is to give my time and to try to pressurise the insurer into meeting a valid claim.

If I am successful maybe someone else can be helped out of the money, or everyone who was kind enough to contribute can be refunded.

I am sure their client retention dept will disagree with you for the last couple of days

Oh, thought you had donated them...

Nope, everything is gone, stolen, and CycleUNsure are uninsuring it...

Well, if the bike was STOLEN.......... and the wheels and groupset "MIRACULOUSLY SURVIVED"......

OH COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:stupid:

you guys must have missed the original thread - the bike was stolen but recovered, but the frame was damaged - BADLY - chainstay dinged beyond repair among other things and that is why it was miraculous that the wheelset was not damaged. SO...all cyclesure had to do was replace the frame

Oh, thought you had donated them...

Nope, everything is gone, stolen, and CycleUNsure are uninsuring it...

Nothing is gone, Nathrix found Carpet's bike but the frame was damaged beyond repair.

EDIT: what Stretch said above.

Edited by Helpmytrap

you guys must have missed the original thread - the bike was stolen but recovered, but the frame was damaged - BADLY - chainstay dinged beyond repair among other things and that is why it was miraculous that the wheelset was not damaged. SO...all cyclesure had to do was replace the frame

Oh, I went fishing and missed that it was recovered!!!

good thing!

So much love Carpet!!

ps, I wont go fishing again, FOMO on something on the hub.

Die Swart Kat slaan toe.... Hoop dat my R250 randellas darem n stukkie van daai frame sal kan help koop. Mens kan nie goeie dinge verwag as jy nie self goeie dade soos hierdie doen nie! Ek daag BrandonF en vir Jorrie uit om my bedrag te beat of selfde te gee....... Kom nou manne!

Oh, I went fishing and missed that it was recovered!!!

good thing!

So much love Carpet!!

ps, I wont go fishing again, FOMO on something on the hub.

Its a bit cold for yellows boss?

Or are you klapping stockies.

Nothing is gone, Nathrix the security guards working in her complex who was on duty when the bike got stolen miraculously found Carpet's bike but the frame was damaged beyond repair.

EDIT: what Stretch said above.

fixed :rolleyes:

I just posted that it was found (copied info from Carpet's twitter account)

Its a bit cold for yellows boss? Or are you klapping stockies.

Your profanity is ignored.

Went to Eastern Cape highlands, got sleeted on, made big fires and drank red wine...

Edited by MaXiMuM

Your profanity is ignored.

Went to Eastern Cape highlands, got sleeted on, made big fires and drank red wine...

whaaaaahaaa, sorry my bad...

honeymoon huisie ftw

also sorry for the hijack from me...will stop with the visvang

A-HA!!!!!!!

:blush: ← I AM stupid!

whaaaaahaaa, sorry my bad... honeymoon huisie ftw also sorry for the hijack from me...will stop with the visvang

Nope, the Bell's place, coldest farm in the country.

Lets get this back on track.

Good stuff wayno...I see mine isn't reflected as yet, so there is more to come...we will get to the target chop chop

Vat n toffee cyclesure... :thumbup: