HUBBERS LETS HELP CARPET

DIPSLICK

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EdEdEd

Lets maybe just pause everything untill HOLlard has decided what they want to do and then all the contributors can vote on how to procede

No. But the poor oke came here asking a legitimate cycling related related question, and was treated shabbily in my view.

The shabbily treatment of his virtual personality escalated with his GFY attitude in a artificial environment removed from reality. HOWEVER, poor Carpet submitted a legitimate cycling related insurance claim to her broker company and was treated shabbily in the real world, in my view. Can you see the difference? Fake vs real.......virtual personality vs human being.......choices vs bureaucracy.......

........and this forum does not carry any weight or legitimacy......in my view.....but then again my viewpoint might be wrong......similar to the credibility of your praise and accolades......

Indeed, Silver De Lange has nothing to do with Carpet's predicament. You are quite there. But you brought him up in the first place: dunno why.

You are quite wrong that this forum carries no weight or legitimacy. A rather strange assertion.

edit: It was not my intention to take needless issue with you, or to derail the thread. To put my original post into context, I am happy that Hollard have reviewed their decision, and have intimated that they are going to do right by Carpet. I am sure we are in agreement on this.

Edited by Harryn

@Hollard

Please see my (rather longwinded) answer to your reply in the original post.

I do not want a refund because I dont want Carpet to accept any money from them now. It will only be done to limit their damage not because of any real conviction. My opinion is that she must withdraw the claim so that she can go to another insurer with no history of a declined claim, IF she ever wants insurance again.

We can have companies make their policies public on the Hub. A lot of business will come from it, if it is clear and fair.

@Hollard

Please see my (rather longwinded) answer to your reply in the original post.

I do not want a refund because I dont want Carpet to accept any money from them now. It will only be done to limit their damage not because of any real conviction. My opinion is that she must withdraw the claim so that she can go to another insurer with no history of a declined claim, IF she ever wants insurance again.

We can have companies make their policies public on the Hub. A lot of business will come from it, if it is clear and fair.

Very good point TALUS is making here, if this claim is rejected....

"My opinion is that she must withdraw the claim so that she can go to another insurer with no history of a declined claim, IF she ever wants insurance again" If she does not want them to look on negatively at her possible claims and her risk assessment one of the first questions asked by insurers HAVE ANY OF YOUR PAST CLAIMS BE REJECTED AND WHY,,,,,give full details

Simply put... This thread has amazed me. I threw a little something in thinking we'd get there eventually, and we smash it in one day. It's really good to know that communities like this still exist. Well done hubbers.

If the insurance is prepared to pay then of course Carpet should accept the payment. What's the point of having insurance and then telling them no thanks, no matter what the circumstance.

I am quite happy to leave my small donation in the kitty for another worthy cause.

If the insurance is prepared to pay then of course Carpet should accept the payment. What's the point of having insurance and then telling them no thanks, no matter what the circumstance.

I am quite happy to leave my small donation in the kitty for another worthy cause.

I agree. Let the insurance pay, that's what Carpet's premiums are for. They ought to pay otherwise her monthly payments were for nothing.

The money that was donated should be kept so that we can help another member/s of this forum who needs our help. There's plenty of people who need help.

Edited by Corvus

for NOW all you giving HUBBERS please STOP doing deposits, lets first see

A) WHATS HAPPENEING WITH THE INSURANCE

B) WHERE WE STANDING ON THE KITTY

THEN WE WILL DECIDE ON HOW WE WILL GO FROM THERE :thumbup:

AND FOR ALL THOSE WHO HELPED SO FAR WELL DONE AND THANKS

I agree. Let the insurance pay, that's what Carpet's premiums are for. They ought to pay otherwise her monthly payments were for nothing.

The money that was donated should be kept so that we can help another member/s of this forum who needs our help. There's plenty of people who need help.

We can also donate the money to some acadamy if everyone agrees. I know Diepsloot MTB Acadamy always appreciates all the help they can get.

I also have a mate who started a MTB Acadamy in Ficksburg helping the kids in the township. He would also be able to make very good use of some money, should everyone agree.

Lets see what Hollard/Cyclesure comes up with today...

Edited by lapa

for NOW all you giving HUBBERS please STOP doing deposits, lets first see

A) WHATS HAPPENEING WITH THE INSURANCE

B) WHERE WE STANDING ON THE KITTY

THEN WE WILL DECIDE ON HOW WE WILL GO FROM THERE :thumbup:

AND FOR ALL THOSE WHO HELPED SO FAR WELL DONE AND THANKS

think we passed the mark, wayno will confirm, here is my 2c

We don't know for sure yet if cyclesure will pay out and when....this means carpet is without a bike until then and then even if they decide to pay out, it means some lag time in their admin processes.

Lets just get her, her new frame...punt stop klaar...no matter what cyclesure's 2nd round of kommisie van ondersoek decides. Then if they pay out, carpet can pimp / kit marietjie 2.0 properly and with the change maybe gooi boerie roll braai, if there is still some left...charity of her choice.

anyhow, its her decision.

think we passed the mark, wayno will confirm, here is my 2c

We don't know for sure yet if cyclesure will pay out and when....this means carpet is without a bike until then and then even if they decide to pay out, it means some lag time in their admin processes.

Lets just get her, her new frame...punt stop klaar...no matter what cyclesure's 2nd round of kommisie van ondersoek decides. Then if they pay out, carpet can pimp / kit marietjie 2.0 properly and with the change maybe gooi boerie roll braai, if there is still some left...charity of her choice.

anyhow, its her decision.

I don't know Carpet, but I'm almost certain that she won't want the money for pimping out her bike.

I don't know Carpet, but I'm almost certain that she won't want the money for pimping out her bike.

I agree with you, she wouldnt want it, it's not in her.

I say we don't give her the option....see what I did there :devil:

Edited by rouxtjie

@LAPA

We can also donate the money to some acadamy if everyone agrees. I know Diepsloot MTB Acadamy always appreciates all the help they can get.

I also have a mate who started a MTB Acadamy in Ficksburg helping the kids in the township. He would also be able to make very good use of some money, should everyone agree.

Lets see what Hollard/Cyclesure comes up with today...

I FOR ONE HAVE DONATED MY MONEY TO CARPET a hubber i have met once or twice, i have helped with a few hub request and some i havent my reasons are, i take each request on merit, there are a few hubbers who give to charities, I PREFER TO GIVE TO A CAUSE IF I KNOW EXACTLY where it is going to and who,and if it will be used 100% for THAT SPECIFIC purpose,

IN all fairness there will be people who deposited the money for carpet because they know her/feel for HER SITUATION i feel to be fair to the people if payment were made REFUNDS is the way to go

when there was a thread about a general HUB FUND this point was raised and my answer was the same, each individual request for help should be handled that way, if people choose to help then they do for what ever the reasoning, but it is their personal choice