Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Talk of the Guzzis takes me back to a school friend of mine, his dad had a guzzi in the garage. no idea what, but the image of the V65 looks familiar (bike shape). It was covered in dust, and I may have only ever seen it run once.

His other project was some kind of 2 seater aircraft that he was working on as well. This somewhere in the late 80's.

Thanks for the memories.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

How many million miles on that motor now?

This is my new bike, bought her with 48k km on in the cape and rode her home. Did a RR on WD’s. 

I still have my white 8gs with 145k kms on. She’s been in the market but no real interest in a well used bike with a couple of niggles. Served well as a backup bike when my lightie got taken out and his 690 duke got written. 

So I took my eldest to try his learners again (Chop passed this time ... first time he was to cocky RE his knowledge, and was probably a good life lesson for him too) so while he was sitting the test, I popped into the nearby second hand Ducati Store.

They had 3 x Diavel's on the floor. 

1 x X Diavel = sold

1 x Black one = in for a service

1 x Chroma (Apparently only 4 in the country) = for sale

The black and Chroma are nice, but oh my freaking word did my heart beat faster when I saw the X Diavel!!!!!!!! That bike stirs something inside me.

XDiavel-S-Black-MY21-Model-Preview-1050x650-1-1024x634.png

Ducati calls the XDiavel/S a "true cruiser." The only parts that carry over from the Diavel are tires and brake calipers. (Photography by Milagro)

3 minutes ago, Hairy said:

So I took my eldest to try his learners again (Chop passed this time ... first time he was to cocky RE his knowledge, and was probably a good life lesson for him too) so while he was sitting the test, I popped into the nearby second hand Ducati Store.

They had 3 x Diavel's on the floor. 

1 x X Diavel = sold

1 x Black one = in for a service

1 x Chroma (Apparently only 4 in the country) = for sale

The black and Chroma are nice, but oh my freaking word did my heart beat faster when I saw the X Diavel!!!!!!!! That bike stirs something inside me.

XDiavel-S-Black-MY21-Model-Preview-1050x650-1-1024x634.png

Ducati calls the XDiavel/S a "true cruiser." The only parts that carry over from the Diavel are tires and brake calipers. (Photography by Milagro)

YOLO

2 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

YOLO

And my kids only get one chance at an education .... eldest has to go to Uni or Tech next year .... and we are due for a new car this year too (Typically we buy new and keep a car for about 10 years, then get a new one again. Our old one will be going to the chop who just got his learners, though he has no cooking clue he will be getting the car. I stopped at the new car dealer and had the sales guy say he will get me x, y z for the old car when we trade for the new one .. sales guy is also in on the dupe) ,,, so that removes any expendable / play money aside for a little while.

I really do love my Fat Bob ..... for now, and thought to myself on the way back from Stellies yesterday that I really like this bike, and I have dropped a bit of cash into her to have her rolling well, so let me enjoy her for the next few years.

BUT I am certainly going to be looking around and trying to test other bikes till I am ready.

Remember it took me nearly 7 years to get the Fat Bob :P

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

And my kids only get one chance at an education .... eldest has to go to Uni or Tech next year .... and we are due for a new car this year too (Typically we buy new and keep a car for about 10 years, then get a new one again. Our old one will be going to the chop who just got his learners, though he has no cooking clue he will be getting the car. I stopped at the new car dealer and had the sales guy say he will get me x, y z for the old car when we trade for the new one .. sales guy is also in on the dupe) ,,, so that removes any expendable / play money aside for a little while.

I really do love my Fat Bob ..... for now, and thought to myself on the way back from Stellies yesterday that I really like this bike, and I have dropped a bit of cash into her to have her rolling well, so let me enjoy her for the next few years.

BUT I am certainly going to be looking around and trying to test other bikes till I am ready.

Remember it took me nearly 7 years to get the Fat Bob :P

Sounds like you could do with a 2nd job…. 😜

8 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

Sounds like you could do with a 2nd job…. 😜

Funny you should say that.

From 6:30am to start of work, and then from 5pm till late I do work on my second job with a co. that I set up over hard lock down. The second job paid for the Fat Bob, and is going to be paying for the car too :P

NOW I need a third job to get the XDiavel ...... 😭

10 minutes ago, Hairy said:

May be an image of dirt bike, motorcycle and text that says "BSON CONIC MOTORCYCLES ATENTURESPRT plicaTwin HONDA' HONDA AvisTia AFRICATWIN 1988- 2023 647ccV-TWIN HRC PRO-LIM 57 BHP & 55 NM 40.5 LB-FT FUEL CAPACITY 25 SEAT HEIGHT 880 MM DRY WEIGHT 185 KG 88XRV650JRD03 YAMAHA TENERE 1983- 2023 595cc SINGLE CYLINDER TÉNÉRÉ 46 BHP & 51 NM/ 37.6 LB-FT YAMAHA 600 FUEL CAPACITY 28 SEAT HEIGHT 890 MM WET WEIGHT 163 KG '83XT600Z"

WOW, so the Tenere model has been around 40 years this year.

Just the model name like Golf or Corolla. It sells bikes. 

3 hours ago, Hairy said:

May be an image of dirt bike, motorcycle and text that says "BSON CONIC MOTORCYCLES ATENTURESPRT plicaTwin HONDA' HONDA AvisTia AFRICATWIN 1988- 2023 647ccV-TWIN HRC PRO-LIM 57 BHP & 55 NM 40.5 LB-FT FUEL CAPACITY 25 SEAT HEIGHT 880 MM DRY WEIGHT 185 KG 88XRV650JRD03 YAMAHA TENERE 1983- 2023 595cc SINGLE CYLINDER TÉNÉRÉ 46 BHP & 51 NM/ 37.6 LB-FT YAMAHA 600 FUEL CAPACITY 28 SEAT HEIGHT 890 MM WET WEIGHT 163 KG '83XT600Z"

WOW, so the Tenere model has been around 40 years this year.

I can remember as a little boy looking up at my cousins (RIP) Tenere in Yamaha white and red thinking what a huge bike that was with that oversized tank.

His sister had a boyfriend with a Suzuki Katana, I’d look at that one thinking “one day when I’m big!”  The Katanas seem to have gotten a bit of a cult following as of late. Saw a nice one on Butchered Classics:

B766F55F-65F0-4720-8011-44E8A36359FD.jpeg.992d1bfa924faae92956c96424686f4c.jpeg8659CA3E-4A9B-4017-855A-604E5574C08C.jpeg.5ae7c3fbcf556fbac579657410b6e662.jpeg

22 hours ago, Stretched@Birth said:

I can remember as a little boy looking up at my cousins (RIP) Tenere in Yamaha white and red thinking what a huge bike that was with that oversized tank.

His sister had a boyfriend with a Suzuki Katana, I’d look at that one thinking “one day when I’m big!”  The Katanas seem to have gotten a bit of a cult following as of late. Saw a nice one on Butchered Classics:

B766F55F-65F0-4720-8011-44E8A36359FD.jpeg.992d1bfa924faae92956c96424686f4c.jpeg8659CA3E-4A9B-4017-855A-604E5574C08C.jpeg.5ae7c3fbcf556fbac579657410b6e662.jpeg

thanks for the heads up .. awesome site

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1555412118267409/?s=single_unit