Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

15 hours ago, the nerd said:

I had to have my Stator replaced on my Versys, had it rewired and it worked flawlessly....

What does it cost to have a stator required these days? 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

What does it cost to have a stator required these days? 

It was a few years ago and was about R2k I think... 

Dark Electrical did it for me 

I took my little Kawa in to have the fuel hose replaced as I am busy with other things in my bike room. Not sure how it happened, but by the time I left the bike shop I had suffered a little mission creep…………….Booked in for frame powder coating, bodywork, swingarm, engine case and fork respray, replacement of fasteners as required and radiator shroud plating!!! One costly fuel hose!0D47EBC0-2A5B-4065-B53E-72F7852C3844.jpeg.0c17c5dd79e1191e8a1ab480248c1b1c.jpeg

14 hours ago, Spokey said:

I took my little Kawa in to have the fuel hose replaced as I am busy with other things in my bike room. Not sure how it happened, but by the time I left the bike shop I had suffered a little mission creep…………….Booked in for frame powder coating, bodywork, swingarm, engine case and fork respray, replacement of fasteners as required and radiator shroud plating!!! One costly fuel hose!0D47EBC0-2A5B-4065-B53E-72F7852C3844.jpeg.0c17c5dd79e1191e8a1ab480248c1b1c.jpeg

Such a damned good looking bike!

13 hours ago, Hairy said:

Such a damned good looking bike!

Shame the Missus does not like it! But I really do not care as she likes other bikes I have.15ACDE7D-43C0-4BBF-8FEB-C219FF6F2E64.jpeg.cd04f5c9174ef280d5250a94bb12a26a.jpegThe 1995 FZR will get the same lekker respray treatment in time.

Edited by Spokey
Picture stuff up

We spent last weekend in JHB for our company's AGM. There is a new youngster 20 years old that started working for us in January. Anyway we get to the office and I notice a 600 Blade in the parking lot. Turns out it's the new guy's bike.

We get chatting and he realizes I have a bike and he asks what do I ride. So I tell him. He gets a blank look when I say Triumph Rocket. He wants to know how big it is.

The look on his face when I tell him his bikes engine will almost fit 4 times in the Rocket's was priceless.

🤣🤣

25 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

Saw that. She was in the wrong but to be honest not sure the bikers are blameless.  For this reason I don't like riding in big groups.

Bit of a strange comment? The bikers are on the onramp, inside the designated lane, have not crossed the solid line - can't possiby see how they contributed to this?

To be fair though, when I still rode I was also no fan of big group rides.