Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

On 8/4/2023 at 3:31 PM, IceCreamMan said:

I read Triumph launching an enduro/mx bike 

IMG_0801.jpeg

This has been a while in the making.

They're racing in AMA supercross next year in the 250 class so they aren't messing about. Bobby Hewett (Ex Husky team boss) is managing the team. Young hotshot Evan Ferry Has been signed on a multi year deal so they're looking to make an impact.

BETA is also entering the AMA next year with Colt Nichols on the 450.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

F-it.  I tried really hard but eventually I couldn't ignore glaringly obvious things!

So off to the powder coaters for some stuff and another order placed with Yamaha for missing parts

It needs a good wash anyway - probably last had one 10 years ago.

20230805_113753.jpg

20230805_141906.jpg

20230805_141924.jpg

20230805_141936.jpg

20230805_141945.jpg

20230805_141951.jpg

Haha you have my sympathy. It becomes almost obesssive after a while and if you don't attend to it, it gnaws away at you. I just waterpapered the scratches on my crash bars for the same reason. Not perfect but an improvement.

3 hours ago, Andymann said:

F-it.  I tried really hard but eventually I couldn't ignore glaringly obvious things!

So off to the powder coaters for some stuff and another order placed with Yamaha for missing parts

It needs a good wash anyway - probably last had one 10 years ago.

20230805_113753.jpg

20230805_141906.jpg

20230805_141924.jpg

20230805_141936.jpg

20230805_141945.jpg

20230805_141951.jpg

I am all for you going completely OCD on the bike .. as long as you keep taking pics and keeping us in the loop please ;)

Nice bikes at 10:17and 10:32.  I wonder who they belong to 😉

And for those who were wondering what was the most valuable bike there - the bike at 10:03 is probably worth around R900k......

Had a meeting up north and finally a semblance of summer came along so bike it was and thankfully so as the traffic was a **** up. I hate the M25. 

on way back I thought I would take a small detour and ended up here. Shmaaaak the place. 

British bike night later. Think I will hang about after my tea. 

IMG_8442.jpeg

While I'm waiting for Yamaha parts to arrive I turned my attention to this again - I did get it running but it was backfiring quite badly due to a leaking inlet manifold which as you can guess is discontinued.  So I'm making a new one out of Aluminium. 

I will say it's quite a scary ride when it gets going so not sure yet what I'm going to do - I might keep it just to clear out my head on the odd occasion.

20230809_104026.jpg

Is it just me, or should a helmet not just make you "feel Safe" vs actually keep you safe?

image.png.5147f5e1521053731068d4bac5d48e45.png

11 hours ago, Hairy said:

Is it just me, or should a helmet not just make you "feel Safe" vs actually keep you safe?

image.png.5147f5e1521053731068d4bac5d48e45.png

Never worn a piss pot and never will. Even on scooters I wear my full face helmet. 

Yeah, after having my face stiched back together after a mtb fall, there is no way i’m riding with my face exposed on a moto. 
also, bugs in your teeth are not cool. Don’t care of you are bear grylles or anyone else

Edited by RocknRolla

7 minutes ago, RocknRolla said:

Yeah, after having my face stiched back together after a mtb fall, there is no way i’m riding with my face exposed on a moto. 
also, bugs in your teeth are not cool. Don’t care of you are bear grylles or anyone else

next step down on the evolution scale are the "It's my choice" Mericans who ride without a helmet and only a pair of sunglasses on.

Ahh yes, “ let those who ride, decide”

similar to removing all the cautionary labels and warning signs and let natural selection take it’s course.

I’m all for adults making informed choices, and accepting the consequences. 

On 7/6/2023 at 8:03 PM, Spokey said:

Am in Dubai and off to Londinium tomorrow. Hope to take in a visit to The Bike Shed!

Did you get to the bike shed?

10 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Did you get to the bike shed?

Yes, I did, spent too much money on things I do not need. T Shirt to hang in my bike room kind of stuff. Did pick up a cool sweatshirt. Had lunch, was good. Quiet day as it was rainy.