Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

show some pics of your T7 or it never happened

IMG_0854.jpeg.e432bba210b8a9e88eb2565009a36553.jpegIMG_0853.jpeg.539e550b7085b04d8d73ce6568d99971.jpegIMG_0855.jpeg.e91e15647b383252ba8549e4cd8c5028.jpegThere ya go. So the machine has about 1500kms on. I bought it standard and have subsequently fitted Bark Busters, an SW Motech bashplate and crash bars. Plus a headlight protector….a bit bulky I think, but does the job until I find a better one. I fitted a chain guide, I cannot believe they released the bloody thing to run in the dirt with out a chain guide. I have a Black Widow end can, sounds wicked. I had the baffle out but as great as it sounds it became a pain on long open roads. Baffle back in, sounds cool, a little more fruity than standard but not aggressive. I have VPS covered the bike as well. More upgrades coming from Camel Products a rear brake lever that increases the brake feel, a one finger clutch mod an instrument cluster support and fat pegs.   In time I will fit the enduro exhaust mod, it works with the Black Widow can. If I really get enthusiastic and sell my KTMs this machine will get Touratech suspension front and rear!……………………..or maybe I keep the KTMs anyway! 
I bought the Turkana bags, 15l per side, a clever rack less system . Pricy but not paying for a set rack. 
I have some spot lights to fit but yet to do that, I have been indecisive on where they should go as I like the narrow look of the bike ( hence my rack less luggage system) 

Edited by Spokey
Content

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Spokey said:

IMG_0854.jpeg.e432bba210b8a9e88eb2565009a36553.jpegIMG_0853.jpeg.539e550b7085b04d8d73ce6568d99971.jpegIMG_0855.jpeg.e91e15647b383252ba8549e4cd8c5028.jpegThere ya go. So the machine has about 1500kms on. I bought it standard and have subsequently fitted Bark Busters, an SW Motech bashplate and crash bars. Plus a headlight protector….a bit bulky I think, but does the job until I find a better one. I fitted a chain guide, I cannot believe they released the bloody thing to run in the dirt with out a chain guide. I have a Black Widow end can, sounds wicked. I had the baffle out but as great as it sounds it became a pain on long open roads. Baffle back in, sounds cool, a little more fruity than standard but not aggressive. I have VPS covered the bike as well. More upgrades coming from Camel Products a rear brake lever that increases the brake feel, a one finger clutch mod an instrument cluster support and fat pegs.   In time I will fit the enduro exhaust mod, it works with the Black Widow can. If I really get enthusiastic and sell my KTMs this machine will get Touratech suspension front and rear!……………………..or maybe I keep the KTMs anyway! 
I bought the Turkana bags, 15l per side, a clever rackless system . Pricy but not paying for a set rack. 

Flipping awesome .... just a reminder RE your KTM's please?

13 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Flipping awesome .... just a reminder RE your KTM's please?

IMG_4606.jpeg.f645a8c81b27abc754742bc390eab8cf.jpegMy 690 enduro and my 1190 Adventure S. These things NEVER fail to put a smile on ones dial! When I return home from a ride on the 690 the Missus says I am like a teenager who has just discovered bikes!! I will never ever sell that 1190, even when too old to ride it and using the smaller bikes, I will  go into my bike garage and dribble over it! The bloody thing has been magnificent! Fast as F  and glorious in the dirt considering it is a big bike…..150 hp out of a 2013 model. The 690 is over 120 lbs lighter than the T7 with just 2 or 3 hp less but of course a single. I see a place for both in my garage……..at the moment, but when sensibility kicks in, as I age, the T7 will be the keeper due to comfort on the tar.

Edited by Spokey
Spelling

IMG_0576.jpeg.67129021cce6557c91bf3c1f1f54c272.jpegThis little machine is a keeper for me too. Worth buggar all now, this very well used 2013 KLR 650 ha been a wonderful bike to learn dirt for a superbike guy. I di enhance it with a Leo Vinci end can and progressive suspension which made a big difference. This was bike through the Baviaans in December for my 60th birthday. I chose this for its simplicity and the fact promised the old thing the trip. All good until I dropped her on a ridiculous piece of road……..tired and a bit fu..ed! Anyways, made it home via Antonniesberg Pass, Steytlerville and the long trek to De Rust.  Busted bars and mirror but will sort during the course of this year.

39 minutes ago, Spokey said:

IMG_0576.jpeg.67129021cce6557c91bf3c1f1f54c272.jpegThis little machine is a keeper for me too. Worth buggar all now, this very well used 2013 KLR 650 ha been a wonderful bike to learn dirt for a superbike guy. I di enhance it with a Leo Vinci end can and progressive suspension which made a big difference. This was bike through the Baviaans in December for my 60th birthday. I chose this for its simplicity and the fact promised the old thing the trip. All good until I dropped her on a ridiculous piece of road……..tired and a bit fu..ed! Anyways, made it home via Antonniesberg Pass, Steytlerville and the long trek to De Rust.  Busted bars and mirror but will sort during the course of this year.

A while ago I looked for a KLR here thinking with the FI it might now be available. Sadly not. 

years ago , 4 ways Kawasaki had the then last KLR 650 in ZA on their floor, it was orange. I said I would sleep on it and the next day when I was ready to pull the trigger it was sold. 😢

superb machines 

3 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Them dudes at BMW are evil. Bastids. 

just pulled the trigger on a GSA850. Couldn’t resist the deal offered. Just .could.not. 

#JUSTSAYING

image.png.b132c8827b497a9e05c5e1a49c68c790.png

Them BMW ous are just too damn good at their jobs. And they gave me a superlative deal. Basically wiping out any depreciation first year of ownership. Can’t really go wrong. 

On a recent trip to Patensie with my Rocket, my cycling mate on his Gs650, my son hated the ride on his R1. The puncture also did not help. 180km round trip and he all of a sudden did not enjoy his R1.

4 days later the deal was done. Rode to the bike shop on his R1 and came back on a KTM1290.

He has ridden the KTM more in 3 weeks than he did the R1 in 6 months. Every ride he comes back with his ears in his mouth he is smiling so much.

Edited by WaynejG
Spelling

8 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

On a recent trip to Patensie with my Rocket, my cycling mate on his Gs650, my son hated the ride in his R1. The puncture also did not help. 180km round trip and he all of a sudden did not enjoy his R1.

4 days later the deal was done. Rode to the bike shop on his R1 and came back on a KTM1290.

He has ridden the KTM more in 3 weeks than he did the R1 in 6 months. Every ride he comes back with his ears in his mouth he is smiling so much.

going to "look at" these two hopefully over the weekend.

image.png.5745de8a9fa1a7a2563714c2ad5d90ed.png

image.png.7782c8d086f541a266ebeddb8ebe8154.png

14 minutes ago, Hairy said:

going to "look at" these two hopefully over the weekend.

image.png.5745de8a9fa1a7a2563714c2ad5d90ed.png

image.png.7782c8d086f541a266ebeddb8ebe8154.png

Do provide feedback 

36 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Nice bikes but I thought you wanted shaft drive?

I did, but Youtube vids and just about every KTM rider I speak to have swayed me!

Still a GSA 1200 AC candidate, just casting my web a little wider and trying the bikes to see what works best for me.

I am new to this game, with the Harley being my only "big bike" ... so need to explore a little more I recon on my options.

42 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Fair enough. Just thought it was a non-negotiable.

I am learning that this will be like Mountain Bikes ... you always want to try the next one, then the next one and the next one 

The idea of cleaning a chain and dealing with replacing chains and sprockets does make me feel 🤮