Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the one in the front? Can't make out the lettering.

Love the cb750f tho. Beautiful lines.

That is my baby bike, Honda CB400f 1975. I used to take the Missus on breakfast runs out to Harties in the mid 80’s on that machine..............and we are still married ha ha!

(Lived in Hillbrow back then)

post-52292-0-60791900-1527661466_thumb.jpeg

From a different angle. Yes it is a little jewel of a machine. Only 78000kms. It is pretty handy for old fashioned “scratching” on the Outeniqa Pass. The modern Sports Bikes of course are blisteringly fast out of the corners but this little bike can carry a decent corner speed. It does have new rear shocks and rebuilt front suspension!

I am interested in trading my Triumph Explorer for a Ducati Multistrada or a KTM. Not sure which way to go though. Has anyone got either - particularly wrt services and spares. Whats the experience like?

I am interested in trading my Triumph Explorer for a Ducati Multistrada or a KTM. Not sure which way to go though. Has anyone got either - particularly wrt services and spares. Whats the experience like?

KTM, Keeps Taking Money and then a Ducati where you miss 1 service and it explodes.

I would keep the explorer.........

I am interested in trading my Triumph Explorer for a Ducati Multistrada or a KTM. Not sure which way to go though. Has anyone got either - particularly wrt services and spares. Whats the experience like?[/quote

Triumph

I am busy looking at options too. I have narrowed my choices down to Honda Africa Twin and Yammie Super Ten.

Two very different bikes for different applications ha ha. I have ridden both on tar and dirt and I think my final choice will be the Super Ten as it is what I would like for two up Gravel Travel in the Karoo and it is comfy on tar.

Dirt wise.......I am going to wait and see about that Yammie T700. In the meantime my little KLR does the job.

But, I may just change my mind............I like a Hyabusa too!

I am busy looking at options too. I have narrowed my choices down to Honda Africa Twin and Yammie Super Ten.

Two very different bikes for different applications ha ha. I have ridden both on tar and dirt and I think my final choice will be the Super Ten as it is what I would like for two up Gravel Travel in the Karoo and it is comfy on tar.

Dirt wise.......I am going to wait and see about that Yammie T700. In the meantime my little KLR does the job.

But, I may just change my mind............I like a Hyabusa too!

*Mind blown**

How do you go from an AT, S10, KLR to a Hayabusa..........

*Mind blown**

How do you go from an AT, S10, KLR to a Hayabusa..........

Ha ha, yeah..........I dont really know. I love road bikes, in fact nearly all bikes, anything with 2 wheels and an engine! I could add in a 2009 1st gen X plane crank R1, or the perfect 2002 R1, or one of my favourite fun bikes, a Yammie MT09, or a 2006 1098 for track days. But I will settle with my geriatric FZR1000 and my more ancient Honda CB’s. Where I live I think the the S10 is better suited. My motley collection of road bikes dont do much mileage per year, a weekly run up Outeniqua Pass is about it. And only when I am in SA. In fact my 400f has not even run this year.......(mission for when I get home next week) FZR going in for a valve job too.

So the S10. Two up, gravel travel, easy to ride, enough power for me! I really enjoy my little KLR, but the missus finds it uncomfy. She is not very well padded!

The ‘Busa.........well....it is a machine., so smooth and a big gentle beast but one that can scare the living daylights out of you if not careful!

I could add more.......1980s RD350, Pantah500, 90’s RS250 on and on!

Edited by Spokey

Pity. you just missed a great 2010 S10 on wilddogs going for R68K.

Lots of bike for the money. There is a 2011 at one of the George dealers. Very nice nic too, but I think I will look for 2014/5 just that little newer.

Ha ha, yeah..........I dont really know. I love road bikes, in fact nearly all bikes, anything with 2 wheels and an engine! I could add in a 2009 1st gen X plane crank R1, or the perfect 2002 R1, or one of my favourite fun bikes, a Yammie MT09, or a 2006 1098 for track days. But I will settle with my geriatric FZR1000 and my more ancient Honda CB’s. Where I live I think the the S10 is better suited. My motley collection of road bikes dont do much mileage per year, a weekly run up Outeniqua Pass is about it. And only when I am in SA. In fact my 400f has not even run this year.......(mission for when I get home next week) FZR going in for a valve job too.

So the S10. Two up, gravel travel, easy to ride, enough power for me! I really enjoy my little KLR, but the missus finds it uncomfy. She is not very well padded!

The ‘Busa.........well....it is a machine., so smooth and a big gentle beast but one that can scare the living daylights out of you if not careful!

I could add more.......1980s RD350, Pantah500, 90’s RS250 on and on!

I know I got rid of mine, but don't throw the Tiger 800 out of your choices. It really is an amazing machine. The newer ones with WP suspension and rider modes just made them even better.

Very under-rated