Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a sad day for me...... I had to take my GS to the doctor. 

For the last couple of weeks the bike will randomly just cut out at idling. Being the brainiac that I am, I changed the plugs and airfilter. went well for a week or two. 

Started googling, so many people complaining about the same thing but no solutions. So ill drive to work and back and tinker in the evenings. Nothing. still does it. and the longer I ride the worse it is getting. 

So lets hope the bikeshop has some idee of what to do. 

Suzuki also had a 650 turbo model round about the same time, just not sure if we ever had it in SA (officialy)

1024px-Suzuki_XN85.JPG

It is a sad day for me...... I had to take my GS to the doctor. 

For the last couple of weeks the bike will randomly just cut out at idling. Being the brainiac that I am, I changed the plugs and airfilter. went well for a week or two. 

Started googling, so many people complaining about the same thing but no solutions. So ill drive to work and back and tinker in the evenings. Nothing. still does it. and the longer I ride the worse it is getting. 

So lets hope the bikeshop has some idee of what to do. 

Just a stab in the dark.

Is the "rectifier" not perhaps acting up? It can cause some strange symptoms if it does act up.

oh flip thanks!

@Hairy

http://www.bikeexif.com/harley-883

Just to make things a little bit more complicated ......

Thinking about that CX .... not sure I am up to spending months to get the bike the way want it and then still not being 80% certain that the damned thing will run day in and day out. 

If it was a second bike build, then it would make sense.

Recon that my "first bike" in 22 years better be something reliable and then later look for a play thing.

Then when considering the 883, should I "grow" out of the 883 and feel she is too "small" or under powered in the future then it seems there are simple bolt on options to take her to a 1200 ..... then combined with a nice new 2-1 exhaust and air intake and some setting up gets you rocking nearly double the horse power.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ss-883-to-1200-conversion-kit-for-harley-sportster-1986-2017

This is also interesting, not riveting viewing, but interesting

..And then there is the thorny problem of appropriate clothing for the bike. Leather and open face for Harley and naked bikes or Cordura and peaked dual sport for Dual sports/Scramblers.

..And then there is the thorny problem of appropriate clothing for the bike. Leather and open face for Harley and naked bikes or Cordura and peaked dual sport for Dual sports/Scramblers.

Or you Sunday Superkibe riders in either full one piece power ranger Dainese leathers or boardies, slops and a T-shirt passing you doing 160 on the highway...

There is only one rule in riding a motorcycle:

ATGATT

Doesn't matter if you are going to the shop for milk or heading out on an overland trip, dress for the slide not the ride! Oh and don't forget your earplugs.

(Dammit I sound like our health and safety officer here at work...)

Would only ever go Full Face .... and a decent jacket with as little branding as possible :P

Walked through the HD dealers clothing section to see their helmets ..... wanted to get sick right on the spot, the brand REALLY gets shoved onto you. Not what I smaak. Eventually got to the helmets and also saw tons of branding, so did an about turn out of there.

750 Kwack turbo, circa 1984

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery/Kawasaki%20GPZ750%20Turbo%20%204.jpg

I had a gpz 11 with fuel injection. 83 model. When it was going, it went like a bat outta hell, when it was was a nightmare. Eventually in a fit of rage I threw out all the FI crap and put flat slides on....what a revelation.

These turbos never really worked well...not in a sport bike kind of way anyway...lag etc killed it really. But they were sweet to look at and you were a maaan if u had a turbo.

Thanks .... bought gloves for MTB from Tracmac before.

Underwear...will pop in at Victoria's

How-to-get-a-Victorias-Secret-Angel-body

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Maybe just maybe this works....

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Underwear 

Maybe just maybe this works....

you meant to be looking in the mirror when doing that .... at least that is what worked for Candyman