Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

My VFR400

Rad. I've got an RVF400. My friend Deon had a VFR too. Black and Red. So sweet.

I love the sound they make.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Anything on 2 wheels is good, i ride a Ducati 748S and a Suzuki RMZ250

PICTURES!!!

KLR is awesome, but could definitely do with some cosmetic updates and new instrument Panel. But i heard Kawazaki ZA are not allowed/not going to import more KLR Motorbikes? Dont know how true that is.

Also read that somewhere, or maybe it was on that bike show on ignition TV. If the latter it must be long ago cause I haven't had DSTV for more than a year ! So last shipment of KLR arrived and many were buying either for sentimental reasons or because they are tough as nails and will last forever on your farm etc

Also read that somewhere, or maybe it was on that bike show on ignition TV. If the latter it must be long ago cause I haven't had DSTV for more than a year ! So last shipment of KLR arrived and many were buying either for sentimental reasons or because they are tough as nails and will last forever on your farm etc

Tough as nails? I dunno so much, todays nails are ***.

Tough as nails? I dunno so much, todays nails are ***.

Could be. I have no interest in a bike not built exclusively for tar (therefore no desire to own it), so am just giving a general account of what was said.

Could be. I have no interest in a bike not built exclusively for tar (therefore no desire to own it), so am just giving a general account of what was said.

The KLR is flippen tough, but the quality of todays nails not so much.

After the nuclear apocalypse only 3 things will survive, twinkies, cockroaches and KLRs.

Would love to get a electronic system on the bike.

Time to do a bit of reading.

I have the vapour on my CRF230, it is awesome, the rev counter is neat too. The instrument is quite small though so would benefit from being mounted in a plastic moulding on a bike like your GS

Like the KLR comments, meet F'Ugly, best value for money bike I have bought. I looked at all the competitors as well as the Tiger 800 and the Beemer GS800. Eventualy settled on the KLR for the reasons mentioned, plus, after mounting engine bash bars, an aluminium bash plate, a DNA filter with Leo Vinci pipe, I still have many Randellas left for gas! (Compared to the nearest competitor)

It is not fast, cruise at 120 happily on the hiway, it is not particularly comfortable, but it handles very well on much worse than a dirt road. It is a blast! I do ride a lot of dirt and that was another reason for this machine. It can handle quite serious enduro stuff, albeit not fast like a WR etc!

You guys are right, no more carb big singles coming to SA due to emissions regs. No more XR 650 available, I believe and only the KLRs left at the dealers.post-52292-0-45395100-1420738028_thumb.jpg

Like the KLR comments, meet F'Ugly, best value for money bike I have bought. I looked at all the competitors as well as the Tiger 800 and the Beemer GS800. Eventualy settled on the KLR for the reasons mentioned, plus, after mounting engine bash bars, an aluminium bash plate, a DNA filter with Leo Vinci pipe, I still have many Randellas left for gas! (Compared to the nearest competitor)

It is not fast, cruise at 120 happily on the hiway, it is not particularly comfortable, but it handles very well on much worse than a dirt road. It is a blast! I do ride a lot of dirt and that was another reason for this machine. It can handle quite serious enduro stuff, albeit not fast like a WR etc!

You guys are right, no more carb big singles coming to SA due to emissions regs. No more XR 650 available, I believe and only the KLRs left at the dealers.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's a cool bike.

Looking at getting one of these units when rebuilding my SRAD into a Streetfighter again.

That silver one is like the one I have on my little CRF, works a treat.

Edited by Spokey

You guys are right, no more carb big singles coming to SA due to emissions regs. No more XR 650 available, I believe and only the KLRs left at the dealers.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

After fitting the DNA filter and Leo Vince pipe, was there a appreciable power hike?