Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

1 hour ago, mazambaan said:

Stunner - good luck. Browsing AdvRider - if it was used as a track bike; walk away. 😁

Oh yes, I am in no rush to buy and there a few in the ads to choose from. Can check the MOT history of bikes online and the bike itself. Generally if there is a consistent MOT record then chances it’s not been a track bike but one never knows so when it comes to exotics like this best to give it a very good look over. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Oh yes, I am in no rush to buy and there a few in the ads to choose from. Can check the MOT history of bikes online and the bike itself. Generally if there is a consistent MOT record then chances it’s not been a track bike but one never knows so when it comes to exotics like this best to give it a very good look over. 

Funny thing. When I was into motocross bikes the ads all say "never been raced". A good mate pointed out that you WANT a race bike. Yes the throttle has been held open but they are generally much better maintained than a farm bike.

Last 3 weeks weather been superlative. Summer in UK and Europe is superb. Went out on the 390 this morning and stopped at Rykas. Well known cafe that caters for bikers, cyclists, trail runners and walkers. 

and it’s not in Australia either  

IMG_8062.jpeg

IMG_8061.jpeg

IMG_8060.jpeg

IMG_8059.jpeg

Thursday night I went to Bike shed in London. Lekker spot. Those that recall rim n rubber in jozi, bike shed is the kind of vibe I thin rim nd rubber was trying to create. But bikers in jozi were any the rim and rubber prices I think. Bike shed ain’t too expensive, kind of in line with pub prices so it works well, also has a barber shop, a tattoo parlour and a small clothing store on the premises. Very Lekker vibe. 

at bike shed you summer park your boney inside the premises, riding past the punters to the bike parking  

IMG_8051.jpeg

IMG_8048.jpeg

IMG_8047.jpeg

IMG_8046.jpeg

IMG_8045.jpeg

Edited by IceCreamMan

On 6/8/2023 at 5:05 PM, IceCreamMan said:

Have a line 9on a 748, seller wants 5 grand. So around 120 zar large. 

will go see it one evening next week and haggle. 

IMG_0746.jpeg

This os gorgeous!

5 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Thursday night I went to Bike shed in London. Lekker spot. Those that recall rim n rubber in jozi, bike shed is the kind of vibe I thin rim nd rubber was trying to create. But bikers in jozi were any the rim and rubber prices I think. Bike shed ain’t too expensive, kind of in line with pub prices so it works well, also has a barber shop, a tattoo parlour and a small clothing store on the premises. Very Lekker vibe. 

at bike shed you summer park your boney inside the premises, riding past the punters to the bike parking  

IMG_8051.jpeg

IMG_8048.jpeg

IMG_8047.jpeg

IMG_8046.jpeg

IMG_8045.jpeg

Oh yes,I am off to London around 5 June for a few nights, think I will make the effort to go there. Been once before but many years ago, it had recently opened. 

Righty Oh, I have gone a little “off piste” so they say, with regard to the bikes that I have constantly on my radar. Bought this today……..

IMG_0476.jpeg.40308eb25899e3811839a5573e94cdfd.jpegShe is a 2003 Randy Mamola R1100s Boxer Cup Rep, with a Certificate from Bee Em SA as an authentic rep and not just the painted 1100s.Really looking forward to acquainting myself with this machine in 39 days when I get home! 

Edited by Spokey
A little detail

3 hours ago, Spokey said:

Righty Oh, I have gone a little “off piste” so they say, with regard to the bikes that I have constantly on my radar. Bought this today……..

IMG_0476.jpeg.40308eb25899e3811839a5573e94cdfd.jpegShe is a 2003 Randy Mamola R1100s Boxer Cup Rep, with a Certificate from Bee Em SA as an authentic rep and not just the painted 1100s.Really looking forward to acquainting myself with this machine in 39 days when I get home! 

Always liked these. Congrats. 

3 hours ago, Spokey said:

Oh yes,I am off to London around 5 June for a few nights, think I will make the effort to go there. Been once before but many years ago, it had recently opened. 

Nice. In London terms its pricing is sort of average too. Nice upmarket chesterfields and food is good. We were a group of 7. All ate, had a cocktail, tequila and more beers n I can count and a rum.  Came to about 90 quid a head. Ain’t complaining. 

Apologies for the racing talk.

Last week Peter Hickman set an outright lap record at the TT of 136.358 AVERAGE speed around the TT course. That's 219kph.

That's the new outright lap record around the TT. What makes this incredible is that this was set on his SUPERSTOCK bike. NOT the full blown 250 bhp WSBK spec superbike.

This just shows how incredibly fast the bikes that us plebs can buy off of the showroom floor are. A stocker is basically a showroom bike with upgraded suspension, a power commander, an aftermarket pipe and a race fairing. The only thing you're allowed to do to the motor is change a gasket or 2.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Just now, Duane_Bosch said:

Last week Peter Hickman set an outright lap record at the TT of 136.358 AVERAGE speed around the TT course. That's 219kph.

That's the new outright lap record around the TT. What makes this incredible is that this was set on his SUPERSTOCK bike. NOT the full blown 250 bhp WSBK spec superbike.

This just shows how incredibly fast the bikes that us plebs can buy off of the showroom floor. A stocker is basically a showroom bike with upgraded suspension, a power commander, an aftermarket pipe and a race fairing. The only thing you're allowed to do to the motor is change a gasket or 2.

Yeah, the TT this year was superb. Best in years due to weather and field. And I missed it. 

next year I hope. 

1 hour ago, Duane_Bosch said:

This just shows how incredibly fast the bikes that us plebs can buy off of the showroom floor are. A stocker is basically a showroom bike with upgraded suspension, a power commander, an aftermarket pipe and a race fairing. The only thing you're allowed to do to the motor is change a gasket or 2.

Is that an indication that more manageable power is better on a course like that vs all out brute force on the factory builds?

57 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Yeah, the TT this year was superb. Best in years due to weather and field. And I missed it. 

next year I hope. 

The TT is on my to do list for sure. Not the entire time. Just 2 days or so