Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

17 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Is that an indication that more manageable power is better on a course like that vs all out brute force on the factory builds?

I don't really think it's a Stock vs Superbike comparison TBH. My point was that joe public can literally buy a bike (and finance it) that is capable of lap record speeds round the Isle of Man.

Having said that I know James Hillier who is a top 10 guy used to put slicks on his stocker and race that in the 2 superbike races. I don't know if he still does that.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Duane_Bosch said:

The TT is on my to do list for sure. Not the entire time. Just 2 days or so 

Go for 5 days, just in case the weather don’t play ball for a day or 2. It’s an amazing vibe. 

well worth it. 

21 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Go for 5 days, just in case the weather don’t play ball for a day or 2. It’s an amazing vibe. 

well worth it. 

I assume you've been? My wife isn't into bike racing at all but she's always been game for the random places I've chosen as holiday destinations and she said the island looks beautiful.

1 minute ago, Duane_Bosch said:

I assume you've been? My wife isn't into bike racing at all but she's always been game for the random places I've chosen as holiday destinations and she said the island looks beautiful.

Yeah, I went last year. Was meant to go in 2020 but Covid put paid to 2020 and 2021. So 2022 it was. 

was there from Sunday morning to Thursday of race week. It was superb. Had 2 rained out days but they catch up the races where possible. It was a great event. Would have loved to have been there this year, weather was superb. Also want to go to the classic TT which is over a long weekend in august. All the 2 smokes etc. 

will go next year if it does not clash with some other bucket list items I have on my radar. 

17 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

I don't really think it's a Stock vs Superbike comparison TBH. My point was that joe public can literally buy a bike (and finance it) that is capable of lap record speeds round the Isle of Man.

Having said that I know James Hillier who is a top 10 guy used to put slicks on his stocker and race that in the 2 superbike races. I don't know if he still does that.

IOM TT blows me away and I am always pleased when there is limited carnage (one death this year?). One SA rider this year.  Some good YT on the bikes as well; particularly Rutter's Honda a thing of beauty; but very pricey to keep running.

A bit unfair maybe but I am scared for guys like Dunlop, Hillier, Hickman, Martin, McGuinness etc etc who one "gets to know" from TV, YT etc. Hillier from his Dakar series.  I would love to go but do not see the opportunity sadly.

If I hit a jackpot it will be ISDT, Romaniacs (hire a bike to tour around for these), IOMTT, one MXGP, one trials round, one MotoGP. Done - unless I get hooked somewhere.

Bought me a new bike.  I was in Cafe Mille Miglia in Dubai a while back and saw a lot of this art from the Argentine artist Guillermo Forchino. Managed to obtain this last week. Anyways………now to get it home!!!IMG_0479.jpeg.315712d984b21856ccba777a38e8f61e.jpegIMG_0480.jpeg.9b4ebbe492a1097f504aa0ef1744d94c.jpeg

13 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Good to see I am not the only one with weird layout fotos. 😂

What happened here was that I copied the photos directly from my PC's "phonelink" software, and this then rotated the image as seen above.

When doing the same on other platforms, the image is correctly rotated, so there must be something in the Bikehub setup that something strange.

Is this a similar workflow that you followed when posting your pics?

9 hours ago, Hairy said:

What happened here was that I copied the photos directly from my PC's "phonelink" software, and this then rotated the image as seen above.

When doing the same on other platforms, the image is correctly rotated, so there must be something in the Bikehub setup that something strange.

Is this a similar workflow that you followed when posting your pics?

No. In my case I use an Apple iPhone and download straight from fotos to bike hub. Sometimes it works, actually been working mostly lately and then sometimes it’s a hard fail. 😂

Matters not  to the orientation of the phone when taking the pic either  

Edited by IceCreamMan