Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/22/2024 at 10:08 PM, Hairy said:

I really enjoy ARiemann1 vids

I like his content a lot, particularly the T7 vids. Very high quality.

I have been lucky to have a few days at home during my time on duty so made the most of it with a short ride on the T 7 to try the reworked suspension. The bike is all I wanted now. Front end is smooth over the corrugations and the back seems very easy to control sliding in the corners. Super happy! The tail tidy was made in George to a design by George Yamaha. Those guys also fitted the spots as I like, no excess wiring around the crash bars. I sold the Black Widow end can and bought this Remus. Not too loud but a nice deeper burble.IMG_1007.jpeg.81e46c8c6804dc44bb8835b004a2fd64.jpegIMG_1005.jpeg.6ed27229a3131a37c3aa22088dd1cb50.jpegIMG_1006.jpeg.e7030a1afa2ca1323e30dfa058e9975d.jpeg

Edited by Spokey
Spelling

On 5/22/2024 at 3:45 PM, Hairy said:

I am getting the Tenere for a bargain price, so I think I am fully invested now .... will see how the dirt experience goes and in a year or two either just keep the T660 or sell it and "upgrade" to something else.

Tenere is confirmed to be brought over this weekend from the Farm......Let's see how it rolls as I was previously under the impression she was on the 20K mileage mark, but he thinks it was 40K'ish on her and the other bikes have the 20K mileage, so a negative, but then he also recall this one is the 2011 and not the 2010, so a positive.

Let's see how the dice roll this weekend then .............

8 hours ago, Hairy said:

Tenere is confirmed to be brought over this weekend from the Farm......Let's see how it rolls as I was previously under the impression she was on the 20K mileage mark, but he thinks it was 40K'ish on her and the other bikes have the 20K mileage, so a negative, but then he also recall this one is the 2011 and not the 2010, so a positive.

Let's see how the dice roll this weekend then .............

These motors are good. 40k km is not a train smash if well maintained. 

built in France or Italy ( year depending) and all the years were the same. There was a recall for the air filter/air box at some point. Make sure this was done. ( unless resolved by 2011). 

On 5/29/2024 at 6:24 AM, IceCreamMan said:

built in France or Italy ( year depending) and all the years were the same. There was a recall for the air filter/air box at some point. Make sure this was done. ( unless resolved by 2011). 

I should follow my own advice more but first thing is service it; oil and filters, check for dust after the filter in the airbox. Obviously before riding check tyres, brakes and chain if it has been standing.

On 5/29/2024 at 6:24 AM, IceCreamMan said:

T660 dude has come back and said he can only get the bike out in the new week or next weekend ... starting to get annoyed now and was hoping for this weekend.

Been looking around and on WildDogs there is a nice DRZ400E that is still tempting, but the DRZ400E is a little on the fugly side

12 hours ago, Hairy said:

T660 dude has come back and said he can only get the bike out in the new week or next weekend ... starting to get annoyed now and was hoping for this weekend.

Been looking around and on WildDogs there is a nice DRZ400E that is still tempting, but the DRZ400E is a little on the fugly side

Patience is a virtue or so I have heard. 

DRZ is well capable for off road work. A bit dull on the road but can do it. Get some supermoto wheels and have the best of both 

3 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Patience is a virtue or so I have heard. 

DRZ is well capable for off road work. A bit dull on the road but can do it. Get some supermoto wheels and have the best of both 

I have also heard that Patience is a virgin.

Will hang on till the new week..probably a good thing anyway, I have so much work to get through this weekend, and there is only so much time to split between work and family, so a new bike would be a big distraction.

On 5/29/2024 at 8:48 PM, sawystertrance said:

Did a 3 day trip to Swartberg and Seweweekspoort. What a beautiful country we live in. Swartberg was much more tricky than I anticipated. Lots of ruts and loose rocks.

20240529114148_IMG_4225.JPG

IMG_20240528_140945_1.jpg

IMG_20240528_130742_1.jpg

IMG_20240528_102401.jpg

My back yard,thats why you received  the trophy ha ha…..  I absolutely love this area. I ride this pass many times a year despite only having 3.5 months off in SA per year. Luckily I do not need any more than spares and tools for a day ride and generally use my Katoom 690. It is such an iconic pass. Next time in the area, if time permits, meander down into Die Hel. It is a fantastic ride but quite challenging on a large motorcycle.

On the various groups I belong to there have been some interesting machines turning up. I rather  fancy either of these but have vowed to the Missus there shall be no more bikes until………………next time!IMG_1009.png.bccc6bbac5aabf0e62edc138de4a24c4.pngIMG_1008.png.3850fc6b0d36b6cb7e976e761159b1d5.png

If you had to choose between the following two bikes, both well looked after, lowish mileage and not far off RE pricing  ... which would you go for?

2011 Tenere XT660Z

2004 KTM 950 Adventure S

So 93 to official Ducati team. 

89 to aprillia.

31 to KTM team, miller out. 

all for 2025