Critérium du Dauphiné 2014

Joe!

“The Dauphiné is a preparation race for the month of July...It’s very good for my confidence and it proves that I’m going in the right direction. I’m happy with this yellow jersey but it doesn’t change anything. I’m 100 per cent focused on July 5. I’ve got 20 days of preparation left and I’m going to be able to work calmly.”

'Berto

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peleton also waited for Froome yesterday, good sportsmanship! Everyone knew sparks were to fly on todays queen stage.. I think SKY might be regretting Wiggins' Tour de France omission as early as today! Porte is a really good grinder, and digs deep when reeling in breakaway riders however im sorry to say Porte is not able to pull Froome up the mountains as optimistic as they may be.. Wiggins would be that man. Great racing from SKY and Contador today.. Pure class

Yah, agreed, I think Porte is terribly overrated, he has some good moments and everyone does back flips, but mostly in my opinion he is pretty average, I think Kiryienka is a better and more reliable support rider.

Has it been mentioned, Nibz is looking out of shape? What a battle it could've been had he been hitting he's straps...

Yeah, he does look a little of peak dont he?.

I thought earlier he may have just had a bad day, but yah, at this point he looks way behind the competition.

+1...but what does this mean...."That cycling is not a team sport "...'Berto seems to be doing ok on his own...compared to the Skyborgs.... :whistling:

Indeed, 'Berto is a real old school bike racer, a hugely exciting rider and makes every race he is in interesting. Imagine if you had to sit and watch the negative racing of SKY at this criterium day in and day out, we would all be having a snorefest of note.

I just say a little Thank you prayer daily we still have racers like him in these grand tours.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Indeed, 'Berto is a real old school bike racer, a hugely exciting rider and makes every race he is in interesting. Imagine if you had to sit and watch the negative racing of SKY at this criterium day in and day out, we would all be having a snorefest of note.

I just say a little Thank you prayer daily we still have racers like him in these grand tours.

+1 Grumps...my feelings as well

Go Berto !! Great to see him getting back to his best. Gonna be an exciting Le a Tour.

Why would somebody like Contador not be in a team ?

He is in a team. They are just not giving much support. His team is one of teams with most money to burn. Rumours of Wiggens and/ or Sagan abound.

Berto has a team, he just rode away from them and from team Sky.

Must be pretty lame team effort. IMO Porto did great work yesterday .If Berto had him in his team ,things would be different for team Sky

I think we might find Wiggins in the team after all.

Contador is on a different level this year.