Critérium du Dauphiné 2014

Joe!

With this terain dont count out Jens Voigt nor Jan BAKELANTS

Good call on Bakelants. It was an interesting breakaway group with some decently talented riders.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Froome @chrisfroome 1m

Hit a pothole on the final descent, just a few grazes luckily. Massive thanks to the other teams for waiting for me to get back!

Watched the final km without sound on computer. Westra was in perfect position sitting behind Bakelandts but with 300m to go couldn't help himself and went. If he waited I'm convinced the stage would have been his.

Looking forward to the weekend!

"I'm not actually too sure what happened on the descent. I think there was a bit of a hole in the road and I lost my front wheel... It's more my hip, elbow and my shoulder. Most of all I want to thank the other riders for neutralising the race. That's big sportsmanship from them."

Froome Dawg

The fearsome final weekend of the Dauphiné. The grande finale is a double whammy of the Col de la Forclaz and Finhaut-Émosson.

It's gonna be so good!

Watched the recording last night

What a tense duel between Westra and Bakelants.

He nearly drove into the barricades.

Bring on Saturday!!!

GO 'Berto!!!!

We can only wish, but unfortunately not hey.

Yeah, every year it's a discussion

Then the traditionalists decline bonus points

"I'm not actually too sure what happened on the descent. I think there was a bit of a hole in the road and I lost my front wheel... It's more my hip, elbow and my shoulder. Most of all I want to thank the other riders for neutralising the race. That's big sportsmanship from them."

Froome Dawg

Good thing Evans wasn't there then.!

Hoping 'Berto decides to stretch the peleton a bit today and goes off on an attack. I expect SKY been the masters of negative racing will plod along with five rotating riders in front and try pull it back, but 'Berto has said he is not aiming for a win here so he will just go and see what happens.

The Saxo team has looked pretty shabby to me, hope this isnt their proposed TDF team otherwise 'Berto is going to be spending a lot of time on his own, not that it will concern him though I recon, he is such an exciting rider, second position on the podium is never his goal, its top step or he will go out in flames trying.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy