Critérium du Dauphiné 2014

Joe!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alberto's Tour team is not at Dauphine and his trusted team is racing other events or recovering from Giro for Tour. He said they going there as a training excercise and to give younger and new riders in the team a chance to race and develop and isnt expecting the team to be built around him.

Besides he doesnt need a team cause he is giving a full Tour Sky team a lesson.

The way i see it, Team Sky IS Bertie's team. Because he sits on Froomes back wheel 98% of the time. (Nothing wrong with that)

While Froome benefits from his team pulling him along all day, so does Bertie. The only difference between the two is that Bertie doesn't have any say in where and how much effort is being put in by the guys pulling, but because Bertie can (clearly) ride at Froomes pace quite comfortably all day long, it's not really an issue. Each stage is a known distance long and any GC contender wanting to attack on a mountain stage is going to do it (typically) in the last 1.5km. If they all get there together with the help of 6 riders sitting on the front, it doesn't really matter who's 6 riders they were.

Today's stage is going to be an epic. :-)

Indeed, 'Berto is a real old school bike racer, a hugely exciting rider and makes every race he is in interesting. Imagine if you had to sit and watch the negative racing of SKY at this criterium day in and day out, we would all be having a snorefest of note.

I just say a little Thank you prayer daily we still have racers like him in these grand tours.

Could not agree with you more..

Sky tries to control every race with their train, non emotional, boring crap style of riding.

The way i see it, Team Sky IS Bertie's team. Because he sits on Froomes back wheel 98% of the time. (Nothing wrong with that)

While Froome benefits from his team pulling him along all day, so does Bertie. The only difference between the two is that Bertie doesn't have any say in where and how much effort is being put in by the guys pulling, but because Bertie can (clearly) ride at Froomes pace quite comfortably all day long, it's not really an issue. Each stage is a known distance long and any GC contender wanting to attack on a mountain stage is going to do it (typically) in the last 1.5km. If they all get there together with the help of 6 riders sitting on the front, it doesn't really matter who's 6 riders they were.

Today's stage is going to be an epic. :-)

Mark Cavendish is the worlds best sprinter at the moment. He abandoned Sky because he wanted to WIN races not ride as a domestique for the GC rider.

Instead he left for Omega because Sky's boring tactics got to him.

Alberto's Tour team is not at Dauphine and his trusted team is racing other events or recovering from Giro for Tour. He said they going there as a training excercise and to give younger and new riders in the team a chance to race and develop and isnt expecting the team to be built around him.

Besides he doesnt need a team cause he is giving a full Tour Sky team a lesson.

Most likely to see Roman K, Roche, Mic Rogers, Morkov, Paulinho alongside Contador

Can't get over that blue Sidi's.. Awful looking shoes

Team colours, custom,

Gimme white rather

Edited by ' Dale

Ok, so the jerseys have been swopped and the race has begun.

I'll just Stream the final 3km...cause that where Froome will attempt something (or nothing).

post-3512-0-99939700-1402832445_thumb.png

Ok, so the jerseys have been swopped and the race has begun.

I'll just Stream the final 3km...cause that where Froome will attempt something (or nothing).

Green suits Froome..

Thanks!

Ag **** no sorry I was thinking of the downhill.. live Dauphine at I think 3:30

Ag **** no sorry I was thinking of the downhill.. live Dauphine at I think 3:30

No worries, went and checked the TV guide and yes, Dauphine at 15.30.