Hero Adventure Park at Heia Safari

thanks for feedback guys , its still new and LOTS of plans and ideas , but as they say , time and money talks , so all in good time

Floating bridge is fixed , new and working , a bit different and no small feat , but its worth the ride !! . there are also a few new ones on the cards

we are in the process of compacting berms , a bit hard with the type of sand we have to work with

yes all routes are interconnecting and we will be opening a new section in next few days

re access to other routes , :) you must be hearing little birdies talking , all we can say for now is that with a little more luck and allot more prayers there might be something VERY big happening soon . but we are relying on friendly land owners and cyclists who respect PVT land ,

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oooh goody,

that sounds like fun. This general area has been my backyard since starting cycling a couple of years ago...

Love your work guys, keep up the good work. If ever you need a couple of hands for a biuld day, just shout, i am sure we will gather in droves...

Awesome trails, love the downhill section from the gate to the bottom, would love to see some more of them!!!!

There is lots of potential for some cracking down hilly bits, that switchback section on the red route, after you come out the house, could do with hard packer berms and a roller or two...

Why do I get the feeling that if a few people can be put around a table we could see some mayor trails in the north linking up or maybe just being separated by some district road. Imagine buying a weekend pass or year pass. Then paying additional to stay over and continue to the next.

Just finished up a ride on the yellow route and a bit of the red. I see the guys have laid out the soil to build some berms on the switch back section of the red, awesome job:)

There's also a few new additions (rock garden and a few rollers) on the first single track.

A fast table top or 2 would be awesome on the fast flowing section next to the road, something safe enough for people to chose to just roll or really hammer it:)

The new floating bridge is also a winner, almost saw a few oopsies but it's all in good fun:)

All in all, if you are in the Joburg area give hero adventure park a bash. IMHO some of the best trails in Johannesburg and the surrounds.

well done guys,keep up the good work :)

How's the trails looking here for trail runners?

Howzit , we have 5 different trail distances for runners , but you can use all of the routes . Cyclists and runners share trails , but seems to be working fine , everyone is considerate of each other . us boykies on the west rand are not so bad :) . just keep us away from the brandy , or so we hear

Did a night race there at the end of April. Have been back about 8 times since. Great venue.

Thumbs up.

Damn, I'm off to Cuba for few weeks, I know that switch back section on the red route will be ready for shredding when I'm back!

Much like!!

Did the yellow today... great little route with some tricks up its sleeve.

That floating bridge is not as easy as it looks.

Guys tried to load some pics of the park , but obviously not that clued up on how , (were just builders :) )

so if you want to check out more on the venue please visit the social media on

https://www.facebook.com/Heiasportpark

Twitter : @heroadventure1

please like and follow

Hi there. Had a look on your site and FB page, I see mention of 5 trails but no descriptions ie. Colour - distance - suitable for beginners

Also cost to ride? Tx

Archived