D2D 2014

bmw1za

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11km gust predicted... is that windy or not?

Naah is fine. Weather looks great for tomorrow. No warm kit required at all......well maybe some armwarmers at the start but they wil come off quickly

Mooi ry allemaal

What a reality check for me! I knew I was unfit at Sun City but I hoped I am coming back to form. The first sign was when I weighed myself and it was up. Still I hoped that somehow things will be OK. 3:06 later I know a few things 1. Jip that wind does count. 2. I am overweight 3. I am unfit 4. The new route is NOT easy.

Now to curl up and whimper.

Oh yes:... and the Boks are kuk!

What a reality check for me! I knew I was unfit at Sun City but I hoped I am coming back to form. The first sign was when I weighed myself and it was up. Still I hoped that somehow things will be OK. 3:06 later I know a few things 1. Jip that wind does count. 2. I am overweight 3. I am unfit 4. The new route is NOT easy.

Now to curl up and whimper.

Oh yes:... and the Boks are kuk!

Hey....don't be so hard on yourself......you are still a champion (Hubber)..... So your post is void of all validity and reliability........except the last part about the Boks....

That wind was a killer and those hills to finish hard work, otherwise enjoyed it !

Also had a reality check on the fitness level lol

Edited by shaper

Hey....don't be so hard on yourself......you are still a champion (Hubber)..... So your post is void of all validity and reliability........except the last part about the Boks....

:clap:

@ Talus - I agree that the wind was KUK... I only did the 60km as I haven`t ridden since April... Battled to get any momentum going, and then to end it all off Cramped up big time at 52km... I won`t even post my time as it was horrendous for a 60km ride... Looks like I am going to be doing Amashova for fun and not for time..... Blah....

O and the parking and toilets... Biggest BS ever....

I did not enjoy this event at ALL....

Last 20 km was the thing, lost 2 km/h on avg there, so who said nah the wind wont be bad? Awesome training tho, no slacking of one had to work the whole time

@ Talus - I agree that the wind was KUK... I only did the 60km as I haven`t ridden since April... Battled to get any momentum going, and then to end it all off Cramped up big time at 52km... I won`t even post my time as it was horrendous for a 60km ride... Looks like I am going to be doing Amashova for fun and not for time..... Blah....

O and the parking and toilets... Biggest BS ever....

I did not enjoy this event at ALL....

Not sure what the issue with the parking and loos, other than the gentle(not so)man who used the loo before me and pissed all over the toilet seat, big tjop you

Last 20 km was the thing, lost 2 km/h on avg there, so who said nah the wind wont be bad? Awesome training tho, no slacking of one had to work the whole time

Yip, tough event, the wind was relentless BUT it was excellent training.....

Await official time but reckon around 3.40 or so...the last 15 took me 45 minutes hahahahaha

ai ai ai ai this race was not easy at all i was targeting 3:30 i did it in 4 hours.the wind and those last 3 hills was a problem.

results are up already

Was not an easy route at all

so many attacks in AL took all my matches

Well done to the break that stayed away. Missed you guys completely

I am happy with a 7th place at 2:47 on a new bike. But I so wanted to compete in that sprint...

3:27 official!

Was surprised, I was on my own the last climbs and the wind was an absolute bastard.

C bunch was great though, hard hard work but great bunch. Good riding chaps!

Nice to meet some Hubbers too!!

Must say, was disappointed about the route beforehand, but absolute monster still!!

Next is 94.7 and jut real till then!

That was a seriously tough race; rode socially with my mates - but suffered on the climbs at the end.

Toilets at the finishwere not usable, disgustingly unsanitary, no paper, wtf?