D2D 2014

bmw1za

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Full road closure?

Did this race about 6 years ago when it was Joburg toughest race. 116km of pure torture.

I am considering doing it this year but agree a bit pricey

Edited by Zatek

Looking at the route, they made a good race bad, that is the most boring, worn out piece that they could use, same as used by, Wilro and EPR and that piece back on the N14 is just plain boring/stupid (including traffic).

R300 OMG... Getting rather pricey , does it come with a free Dogma ???

Seems to be a route change this year, Interesting ...

Oh FFS.... not another "its getting expensive" post.

They are charging more because its costing more.

If its too expensive simply don't do it.

I am really feeling so sorry for these guys who get their prices dictated to them by hubbers.

I got a mail last week in which the new ASSOS over shoe bootys were R3K!! FOR A BOOTY!!! I didn't come here and moan at them, I simply did not buy it. That is how economics works. If something is too expensive don't buy it, if the majority of people think the same entries would decline. If the race is still being sold out, the pricing is right for the value the race presents the entrant.

And HONESTLY R300 for a day of safe, timed, seeded fun, with a cool drink after is not bad.

That's what it costs to have breakfast at Wimpy these days.... how about we go and moan at them rather!

I hear you. Hubbers tend to moan a lot.

That said. R300 for 2-3 hours is ridiculous. If you don't realise that, you have lost the value of R1.

So yes....I will take my R300 and go for a decent ride with my other buddies also not doing the race and we'll have a moerse big Wimpy breakfast for a tenth of the price.

The problem though is that MTBing is putting up races where the whole family can join in the fun. After race fun. That together with race entries of R170 and you get socks in your goody bag......

No wonder road cycling (As a sport) is declining in SA. And with THAT I have an issue.

They are charging more because its costing more.

I am really feeling so sorry for these guys who get their prices dictated to them by hubbers.

I got a mail last week in which the new ASSOS over shoe bootys were R3K!! FOR A BOOTY!!! I didn't come here and moan at them, I simply did not buy it. That is how economics works. If something is too expensive don't buy it, if the majority of people think the same entries would decline. If the race is still being sold out, the pricing is right for the value the race presents the entrant.

And HONESTLY R300 for a day of safe, timed, seeded fun, with a cool drink after is not bad.

That's what it costs to have breakfast at Wimpy these days.... how about we go and moan at them rather!

Relax dude... its wasnt intended to cause a boycot, I am definitely doing it ... (however , I am one of the people who loves racing and for me its considered to be a luxury. IOW: my @$$ is financially restricted at the moment).

Thanks for your penny, I will put it towards my next race ;)

Sterkfontein down at race pace is going to be very exciting and Interesting (Grinding teeth)

Full road closure would absolutely make it worth it (Huge bonus),

Full road closure would absolutely make it worth it (Huge bonus),

You sure???

You sure???

especially for the kamikazi's that ride into oncomming traffic(hands over eyes)

Well i will be doing this event for the first time, going to borrow the 85 year old neighbours road bike so i don't have to do this on my HT MTB.

• 2 months later...