Die Burger MTB 2014

Rydogg

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never did a Burger race before,not even Amarider.Lot of PPA rides throughout year,and landed a B seeding.....

Lucky bugger, I honestly dont know how they calculate these things. Will have to battle my way through all the walkers in k and hopefully get some clear track.

75km - 2150m elevation

60km - 1930m elevation

42km - 1192m elevation

You can do it. :clap: :w00t: :clap: :w00t: . Sub 3 for U.

Why is seeding in the smaller races ALWAYS an issue? At least, there IS seeding, unlike the fark-up at the Cradle Challenge this year.

least you guys are getting your race numbers... still waiting for mine among a few others... :huh:

contact them, they might have the wrong cell nr. for you.

contact them, they might have the wrong cell nr. for you.

I was worried that could have been the case and I contacted them this morning, just waiting on feedback :thumbup:

Lucky bugger, I honestly dont know how they calculate these things. Will have to battle my way through all the walkers in k and hopefully get some clear track.

Johny B, tell everyone you know this guy.....very very well.

post-17321-0-27730300-1406624679_thumb.jpg

Me, I don't care what seeding I get for Mtb races. I don't "race", I ride as fast as I can, interspersed with stops to look at good views/something interesting/whatever catches my attention.

My feeling is that I get to ride in areas I normaly would not be able to ride, therefore I make the most of it.

One of the reasons I was slightly bummed with the weather at the Bastille race. I could not enjoy the view of the Bergrivier Dam from top of the mountain. :whistling:

Also dont quite understand that. The 50km seems very very flat, and the 42 km a lot tougher. :unsure:

I can tell you =now...the 50km is pretty flat with a "bump" here or there...will make for a fast race!

The info we got was that the 42km is very technical with lots of climbing, while the 50km is an easy long ride for those that can do the distance but that does not have all the technical skills or the legs for climbing.

YOU'VE HIT THE nail on the HEAD!!

I only did the Burger 42 last year.(Did the Tip Trans, Transkaroo, Karoo to Coast non Burger qualifiers) I got a B seeding for the 60km. By the sounds of it I should actually be in either D or E starting groups. Weird how they work it out. :eek: :oops:

They use national seeding - which is what PPA uses for their seeding system. So may not be PPA races perse but all timed races go into the database (as far as I know)

Me, I don't care what seeding I get for Mtb races. I don't "race", I ride as fast as I can, interspersed with stops to look at good views/something interesting/whatever catches my attention.

My feeling is that I get to ride in areas I normaly would not be able to ride, therefore I make the most of it.

One of the reasons I was slightly bummed with the weather at the Bastille race. I could not enjoy the view of the Bergrivier Dam from top of the mountain. :whistling:

I agree, but the people that climb off their bikes as soon as they spot a pebble is annoying, and can lead to hideous accidents with the difference in speed. Wil try and enjoy it as much as I can. Hopefully all the walkers and pushers do the easier 50km race.

I agree, but the people that climb off their bikes as soon as they spot a pebble is annoying, and can lead to hideous accidents with the difference in speed. Wil try and enjoy it as much as I can. Hopefully all the walkers and pushers do the easier 50km race.

Luckily I'm not one of them. I'm slow but steady up the climbs, can ride single track, so I won't hold you up too much. :whistling: :devil:

Luckily I'm not one of them. I'm slow but steady up the climbs, can ride single track, so I won't hold you up too much. :whistling: :devil:

I have no chance of catching you starting in K. Like I said, not going to let it spoil my fun, weather looks good, heard some good things about the new routes. All it means is that I will only get to have my post race beer long after you guys. That break my heart. :thumbdown: