Die Burger MTB 2014

Rydogg

So who is doing the 75km?

Apparently the routes have changed? Or did I hear wrong?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entered the 75km. Hope they find a solution for this bottleneck in the beginning but I doubt it. Will be a sprint from the start again to get there early...

You need an invitation....

Maybe mail the organisers and ask nicely :P

WTF? :thumbdown:

Is ok, any race with the word "die" in it is probably not gonna be fun...

WTF? :thumbdown:

Is ok, any race with the word "die" in it is probably not gonna be fun...

I don't think its really an "exclusivity" or elite thing, It's a massive event with lots of "irregular" riders and I think the organisers merely want to keep the overambitious noobs out of harm's way. If you can name 1 or 2 marathon's you've done they will let you in :thumbup:

I don't think its really an "exclusivity" or elite thing, It's a massive event with lots of "irregular" riders and I think the organisers merely want to keep the overambitious noobs out of harm's way. If you can name 1 or 2 marathon's you've done they will let you in :thumbup:

thanks, I will drop them an email.

this race is the only thing that will keep me in training through this artic winter of ours - I NEED MOTIVATION.

Why do the Wannabees club members get discount but the other club's members not? Seem weird to me...

Entered...60km of nice riding coming up! Hopefully the weather holds then, otherwise there might be some nice mud :)

They really need to do something to the end of this event, not sure if the “new route” that someone mentioned addressed this. It is just bad with all the distances coming together in a rather badly organized manner onto a single track over and under roads etc. in town that most people walk creating chaos with those riders trying to get in a PB. Lost my sense of humor here every time, and will not do it again unless it is sorted, not that my one entry will make a difference, at least I keep my sense of humor… Other than this actually a good event and it tests all your MTBike skills… And when it is muddy, it is just the toughest event ever!

Edited by The Commuter

They really need to do something to the end of this event, not sure if the “new route” that someone mentioned addressed this. It is just bad with all the distances coming together in a rather badly organized manner onto a single track over and under roads etc. in town that most people walk creating chaos with those riders trying to get in a PB. Lost my sense of humor here every time, and will not do it again unless it is sorted, not that my one entry will make a difference, at least I keep my sense of humor… Other than this actually a good event and it tests all your MTBike skills… And when it is muddy, it is just the toughest event ever!

• Long distance riders will only meet the shorter distance riders about 200m before the finish, not in the river singletrack as in previous years

does anyone know if the 50 km has any single track?

Highly doubt it! (it is easier than the 42km btw)