Die Burger MTB 2014

Rydogg

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You racing snake. Well done.Are you doing it again this year?

hopefully. I'm entered and training is slowly getting there. Will see how i feel on the day

From Dirtopia's Rozanne Dreyer, in an email to me in June:

The total ascent for the 42km will be 1350m.

There will also be a 50km route this year but it will be easier than the 42km route.

The total ascent for the 60km race will be 1910m

Edited by CleatsnCleavage

From Dirtopia's Rozanne Dreyer, in an email to me in June:

The total ascent for the 42km will be 1350m.

There will also be a 50km route this year but it will be easier than the 42km route.

The total ascent for the 60km race will be 1910m

Thats what I also read, then a couple of days later on FB it said 1650 or something like that. I`ll go with the 1650 :clap: :clap:

Hi, if anyone has two 42 or 50 km entries I am willing to take them of your hands and buy them

I so wanted to enter, but I cracked my ribs at the new rock garden on the southey vines trail 2 weeks ago. :blush:

Why so many distances? I mean if you can cycle 42 then you should be good for 50? Same goes for 60 - 75? Perhaps I'm missing something .Or perhaps this is how you satisfy everybody's meeds.

75km = invitation only

60km = hard race, lots of climbing

42km = hard race, lots of climbing

50km = a new flat option for newbies/less fit

The info we got was that the 42km is very technical with lots of climbing, while the 50km is an easy long ride for those that can do the distance but that does not have all the technical skills or the legs for climbing.

The info we got was that the 42km is very technical with lots of climbing, while the 50km is an easy long ride for those that can do the distance but that does not have all the technical skills or the legs for climbing.

Wont say that it is technical, just lots of climbing on the 42km.

75km = invitation only

60km = hard race, lots of climbing

42km = hard race, lots of climbing

50km = a new flat option for newbies/less fit

I get what you saying but realistically if someone can complete a hard 60KM then is not fair to assume her/she could just as well do a 75.

Perhaps someone here could elaborate on technical ability .I sometimes think I have some then then realise I have none, then realise the person who just passes me down a tricky section actually does it because its sitting on its brain and stuggles to climb the next incline .