What came first? The C(hicken)amber or The E(gg)pic? ( A long, probably boring read!)

L.T.G

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Grant,

side note.. how was your ride at Heia?

I rode the Red Route on the Camber yesterday, very nice new extension on it with the lookout spot over the dam.

Rode the yellow with a mate.

Pretty fun track and a lot more tight stuff than I expected.

There are lots of sharp little drops, followed by a tight turn and steep attacking slopes. You need to concentrate and make sure you hit the turns at the bottom in the right gear to get up the slopes.

Will definitely be back to attack the yellow route harder and then move onto the red.

My mate was on a Stumpy. The Epic murdered the stumpy on climbs and flats, but he made back some time on the downhills.

Maybe you're stronger than him in those areas?

It used to be the other way around?! Who knows? all I do know is that I am loving the Epic.

I can't see the Camber Expert being that different to the CC, so I'm not even considering it.

Yes because a better groupset,brakes, carbon crank, carbon wheels and a dropper seat post does NOT make a differance at all..

Yes because a better groupset,brakes, carbon crank, carbon wheels and a dropper seat post does NOT make a differance at all..

I agree, the carbon wheels alone makes it much better for me. Much better bike, you are right sir. Guess you are still loving your camber? I miss mine, but I also love my Epic. Flippen Specialized producing sooo many good bikes, bastards. Edited by Johny Bravo

Have a demo Camber in my garage, taking it out tomorrow, weather permitting.

I'm looking at the Expert, but no more stock available...so will have to build it up from frame. LBS only has the black satin carbon frame, not mad about it.

My mate was on a Stumpy. The Epic murdered the stumpy on climbs and flats, but he made back some time on the downhills.

Exactly the Camber is a true trail bike while the Epic is marathon/ cross Country bike

Both bikes are better than most of us will ever be, so my advice is always simple: Buy the bike you're going to want to ride. No use getting the bike others told you to buy but you're not riding it.

Personally, I ride an Epic and have no desire to get anything else. Which is really frustrating when the 'upgrade' bug bites and you don't know how to scratch. :)

call me naive but.....Um...... YES!

The better groupset , the better brakes, the carbon crank, the carbon wheels and even the dropper seat post.... won't make a differEnce to me at all!

my point here with comparing the Camber CC with the highly more equipped Epic Elite (no carbon rims)&Expert (carbon rims) was the difference the brain system(front and back) made on the Epics' part and the general geometry differences made the two bikes feel equally awesome to ME... the fact "The better groupset , the better brakes, the carbon crank, the carbon wheels and even the dropper seat post" makes a massive differEnce to you is of personal opinion and greatly appreciated.. but doesn't help me out in my dilemma.

I'm still comparing Camber Vs Epic

call me naive but.....Um...... YES!

The better groupset , the better brakes, the carbon crank, the carbon wheels and even the dropper seat post.... won't make a differEnce to me at all!

my point here with comparing the Camber CC with the highly more equipped Epic Elite (no carbon rims)&Expert (carbon rims) was the difference the brain system(front and back) made on the Epics' part and the general geometry differences made the two bikes feel equally awesome to ME... the fact "The better groupset , the better brakes, the carbon crank, the carbon wheels and even the dropper seat post" makes a massive differEnce to you is of personal opinion and greatly appreciated.. but doesn't help me out in my dilemma.

I'm still comparing Camber Vs Epic

Just buy the cheapest epic with brain front and back then? Better groupset/ wheels obviously doesnt matter to you.