Best wheel builder MTB in Pta?

Spinnekop

So....I have a fairly badly damaged Mavic SLR front wheel that needs to be straightend.  Potato chip style at the moment.....but I think it can be saved.....(I hope so....)

So.....these are the bikeshops in Pta that I can go to:

Bruce Reinecke

Hot Spot

Hatfield Cycles

Fritz Pienaar

So.....who to choose?  Anyone have some experience??????  HELP!!!!CryCry

I trust hatfield at the moment, especially with Mtb (ask for william)

I will not comment on Bruce (good for tommisinni's)

Fritz should have a good reputation

Consider Elsa Karstens cycles (stephen is also a mtb'er)

Yet to hear about Bester Cycles now that Morne's name has been editted out.

I trust hatfield at the moment' date=' especially with Mtb (ask for william)

I will not comment on Bruce (good for tommisinni's)

Fritz should have a good reputation

Consider Elsa Karstens cycles (stephen is also a mtb'er)

Yet to hear about Bester Cycles now that Morne's name has been editted out.
[/quote']

The jury is out on Bester, got some mixed comments from mates that have been there

try Johann Bornman at yellow saddles, he is in midrand and focused exclusively on wheel building and correcting opinions on the hub.Wink

I had an excellent wheel built by Arno at Fritz Pienaar Hatfield. Had another wheel build there, but somebody else built it, was not such a good build. Ask for Arno.

Hi there...

Ive done 99.9% of all my work at Bruce... He is the best... Ask for Hilgard... what we still have to learn he has forgotten already.... he is really good... or Mathews at Bruce.... they wil give you honost opinion... and not try and fix and then its gonna cost you later....

mtbking81

ABSOLUTELY BLOODY RIGHT YOU ARE.

I have just had the WORST EVER experience at Fritz.  Pathetic customer service and the guys clearly did not want to spend time to see if the can help me out.  Just "you have to get a new wheel".  Without giving it a shot.

Hell.....I will be able to get the wheel balanced but it is a LOT of work and effort and I don't have time to do it!

Took it to Bruce as intended in the beginning and Hilton helped me immediatly!! 

Hopefully if they spend a little time, LOOSTEN the spokes first and THEN balance the wheel, they will be able to get it true..........

Will have to wait and see.

4 bad experiences at FPC........Not recommending them anymore!  Angry

Johan Bornman built me a set of road wheels. 

Not flashy or bling, just fit and forget.  

Regards,

Kinnie 

Guest Big H

Damn ..... jammer ek is nou in die Kaap..... my Park Tensiometer en ekke kon seker die ou werkie gedoen het en jy sou die perfekte wiel gehad het!!!!!!!!! Tensy jy dalk iemand ken wat die tyre lyre se note kan speel!!!!!!

Hoekom is jy nie innie Kaap nie???????

• 5 months later...

oops forgot, the guy at silverton cycles, had a very good reputation some years back.  Have not heard anyhting recently though.

UDO JUTERBOCK from FPC IRENE' date=' trust me he is the best! Thumbs%20Up [/quote']

i will second that bigtime!!

UDO JUTERBOCK from FPC IRENE' date=' trust me he is the best!?Thumbs%20Up [/quote']

?

?

i will second that bigtime!!

sorry to revive an old thread but i have known udo for about 8 months now and not only does he ride very well he builds wheels like they came out of the factory and the best part is that he is always smiling and helping people out if only some other LBS Staff had the same attitude to life and will to help others out smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif