How many kg have you dropped since cycling?

I dont envy you...at 127 and you are a smoker...my weight issues only started when i gave up smoking...i wish you luck...you have a long hard road ahead of you...just remember it is all your mind.

You need to first get your mindset right then take on whatever you believe is gona work for you...all the "diets" work so long as you stick to it and stay focused...even change to a different one if you feel its gona work...from my experience...the fastest way to loose weight is a high protien diet...i am not saying it is good for just from experience i lost the most weight in the shortest time.

I cant tell you which is the best eating habit as i have still not worked that one out yet myself....i just keep reading and experimenting.

The bottom line is food is a fuel source...what you put in will be converted to energy...fat or some illness and the rest gets dumped.

The question you need to ask yourself is what are prepared to put your body through to achieve a goal?

According to research everything is bad for you...so if you find the right solution...please let me know...

I need to find the right fuel and exercise for my body which will allow me to live long enough to watch my childrens children grow up.

Edited by isetech

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isetech, yeah not an easy road at all but one that I am willing to travel on. I was never a big eater, just the wrong things at times. My biggest issue was only eating twice a day, and that wasn't breakfast. Next issue was beer.

I am trying everything I can to make it work, and not looking for an easy way out, but it is demotivating when results go backwards.

The smoking is a serious issue, but I am weaning myself off of that. I think if I go cold turkey then I will have further weight and psychological issues to contend with. I want to change, and I am, but cannot do it all at the same time.

Keep going as you have clearly motivated a number of hubbers to do the same  :clap:

Crave29...giving up smoking is the easy part...i have done it 3 times...havent touched a cigarette in more than 12 years...each time i started it was as simple as a couple dops with the chinas a puff and next day back on 20 a day....

however food and weight is a huge issue for me...when i gave up smoking the weight just piled on...been from a 36 to 44 and over 130 kg.

I have managed to drop the weight around about 5 years ago...but after i stopped walking in the mornings i put it all back on again....no exercise...no will to be thin.

I believe that an exercise routine is always a good way to manage a weight loss plan...not the other way around...as you start getting fit...your brain tells your body to get with the program...it is happening to me right now...my fat gut is restricting my cycling progress...as i am getting fit and cycling more and more...my fat gut is in the way again and i want to improve my times...so i need to drop another 10 kg...

us fat okes are lucky we dont need to spend 50 grand extra on a 2 kg lighter bike...we just loose the extra weight on our bodies.[emoji3]

I stand on a scale as often i can...so that i am constantly aware of what i weigh.

My first trip to giba...i did the green i had to stop for as long 10 -15min at a time to get to the top...at one point my mate asked if i was ok...he was worried he might need an ambulance [emoji12] but i did it.

I did the bainsfield 40 km a couple months ago...i never walked once up that looooong hill...take small steps...i went from a couch whale (not just a potato) to short beachfront ride on the weekend...ushaka to blue lagoon...then to the birdpark after months...then to umhlanga...then to giba and so i have progressed...i am more than 20 kg lighter than when i started...but more important i am maintaining my present weight as i prepare for my next goal....i even managed to complete the 45 tour da kranz a couple weeks back...after my legs gave in 3 km from the finish.

I don't drink alcohol at all but geez, soft drinks are killer with all the sugar. Unless you drink the diet drinks that taste like sh*t to me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Lost 13Kg in 2 months using 100% natural product from Herbalife.. Have to admit i was skeptical at first but this stuff really works great for energy levels too...

Also loving their new CR7 energy drink.. Dont know why they took this long to bring out something like this  and very affordable too :clap:

Edited by FlashingPedals

Lost 13Kg in 2 months using 100% natural product from Herbalife.. Have to admit i was skeptical at first but this stuff really works great for energy levels too...

Also loving their new CR7 energy drink.. Dont know why they took this long to bring out something like this and very affordable too :clap:

I'm 100% with you regarding Herbalife, I did the TransBaviaans and only used Herbalife products, even used their waterbottles, it kept me going for just short of 17hours (89km max training on one ride pre Baviaans). We have been on it now for a year and I must admit, if I don't drink my shake and herbal tea during the mornings I am very tired in the afternoons. I love their products and for us now it's a way of life.

So if you go out to a restaurant for dinner what do you order to drink?

I've cut out any soft drinks (diet or not) i've cut out booze then what do you order?

My wife and i went out on monday evening, waiter came she ordered wine and he asked what do i want and i didn't know what to get...must i ask for a glass of water then?

i ended up getting a whiskey and water but what if i am cutting out booze completely?

Water with lemon juice... (or lime, but that is a bit unhealthy...dont know the sugar content in lime cordial)

post-70852-1447735960,1528.jpg

44 days to go and not quite at my target for 2015...

the pic on the left was taken last year on my first ushaka to blue lagoon beachfront ride...i never knew there were hills on the beachfront...i even used the granny gear for that ride ;) the bike is an old hybrid.

my new years resolution for 2015 was to be below 100 kg by the end of the year and keep it below 100...to ride as many 40 km mtb races as i could...middle pic taken in December 2014 when i got the revel.

the pic on the right is at the finish of the amashova...i did the 106 km [emoji3] in 4.25...i know very slow compared to most of you...riding alone all the way from pmb was hard work...especially against the wind from hillcrest.

Edited by isetech

Hi all. Started cycling because I was soooo over weight. Was 118kg at 173cm in 2012. Dropped 40kg in 14 months, was 78kg at my lightest. After that started going some strength training as weight loss only makes you pretty weak. I'm generally around 83-85kg now but looking to get back to 78 for iron-man in 2016. All the best to everyone, I know it's not easy to get the weight off and even more difficult to keep it off, it's a daily struggle.

At the beginning of the year I was 95. When I met my wife 14 years back, I was 76.

My goal was to see the 70's again.

2 months back I stagnated at 82. Accepted that was where the body was happy and carried on.

Last Monday, I hit 79! Goal reached without even trying.

Edited by DominionZA

Was at 135kgs at the beginning of 2013, 123 in December 2013. Now at 113 and fell of the wagon a bit, so I guess its time to get going again

At one stage 28kg in total now its 21.odd kg lost since i took up cycling 3 years ago what can i say 28kg was great but i love pies :whistling:

Didn't really have any weight to loose ,or so I thought at 183cm and 83kg .All though most of the excess weight was in the middle . Age thing I guess and no exercise Of any sorts for nearly 2 yrs.

2 Yrs later 75kg but much stronger. I know it's not lot of weight to loose ,but I don't drink at all now (hangovers hurt to much) drink more water and a lot less take aways if at all during the day.

Best of all,I feel better and have a reason to get up at stupid times on the wkd.