The Munga Mountain Bike Race adds team entry limit

News bot

(do agree on JGR's theory of the groot krokodille scaring off the apsirant weekend warriors).

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That would be a first ....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@TheMungaMTB: The exact route will be made known the day before the race- mixture of gravel road, jeep track and single track

post-4329-0-37549300-1403873029_thumb.jpg

"That's not tough. Tough is when you’re not sure where you're going to sleep. Tough is when you've been going for 20 hours and the small shop you hoped would be your resupply has now shut down. Tough is when you have to cover 200 miles on nothing more than a bag of almonds in a drizzle and a soul that's about to go out. That's tough."

I thought there are race villages every 150km with beds and catering, so where does the where you gonna sleep, shut down shops and bags of almonds fit in?

"That's not tough. Tough is when you’re not sure where you're going to sleep. Tough is when you've been going for 20 hours and the small shop you hoped would be your resupply has now shut down. Tough is when you have to cover 200 miles on nothing more than a bag of almonds in a drizzle and a soul that's about to go out. That's tough."

I thought there are race villages every 150km with beds and catering, so where does the where you gonna sleep, shut down shops and bags of almonds fit in?

Well I don't think the first couple of teams will use much of this if they want to win...maybe that is the angle they used

Well I don't think the first couple of teams will use much of this if they want to win...maybe that is the angle they used

I guess so, but if I was paying R100K to enter I'm not buying my resuply from some spaza shop, I'll keep going till that damn race village ^_^

Edited by Skubarra

@TheMungaMTB: The exact route will be made known the day before the race- mixture of gravel road, jeep track and single track

I find that a little bit cryptic,imagine trying to decide on tyre choice not knowing the composition of the 'mixture'? It could be 90% gravel road or 90% jeep track.

I guess so, but if I was paying R100K to enter I'm not buying my resuply from some spaza shop, I'll keep going till that damn race village ^_^

hahahha sure and I hear you....but the boys at the sharp end might have to considering they would need to skip the 150km pitstops to stay ahead...