Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I experienced a problem with my powerbeam earlier this week and would appreciate some help to try sort it out...hope i don't have to send it in for repair.

Its producing to much power, making me look like Vroome or Berto. Other day i did a recover ride on it with a avg HR of +/- 95bpm and an avg power of 260W... i wish.

This was after doing a calibration from the free ride menu using the desk top app, did the calibration twice but still power is over reading...

anyone had this and how did you fix it?

thanks

Swiss Van, did you come right with this problem??

I had the exact same issue last night, pushing 560W :eek: (anyone want to race..) 2 Things I did - I moved the trainer and the IPAD battery was very low and on charge when I used it. I'm not sure if this caused the problem...

I'll email the boys to see if there is a fix.

Hi Guys, do you know if the Powerbeam can be used as a normal Trainer when not connected online? Or unplugged from electricity ?

In other words does it act like a normal fluid trainer or will it break something ?

I find reviews online, but nothing to answer this .

Thanks

Hi Guys, do you know if the Powerbeam can be used as a normal Trainer when not connected online? Or unplugged from electricity ?

In other words does it act like a normal fluid trainer or will it break something ?

I find reviews online, but nothing to answer this .

Thanks

Yes, I have used it like this before. No problem. I'm just not sure how it would compare to a Fluid 2 with regards to a natural road feel regarding resistance...

Yes, I have used it like this before. No problem. I'm just not sure how it would compare to a Fluid 2 with regards to a natural road feel regarding resistance...

Thank you, I'm curious to know the difference too

My first trainer was a Fluid 2. I think this trainer had a more natural progressive resistance compared to the powerbeam when it is off. This makes sense because the powerbeam would be designed to work with resistance via power.

Perhaps Dave from Bicyclepower could answer this Q properly.

My first trainer was a Fluid 2. I think this trainer had a more natural progressive resistance compared to the powerbeam when it is off. This makes sense because the powerbeam would be designed to work with resistance via power.

Perhaps Dave from Bicyclepower could answer this Q properly.

That is my thoughts / assumptions  as well ...

Swiss Van, did you come right with this problem??

I had the exact same issue last night, pushing 560W :eek: (anyone want to race..) 2 Things I did - I moved the trainer and the IPAD battery was very low and on charge when I used it. I'm not sure if this caused the problem...

I'll email the boys to see if there is a fix.

Reply from Dave at Bicyclepower (efficient and fast as usual):

"This is strange, please try sync it up as a PowerSync not a PowerBeam and let us know if the issues continue, if they do I would suggest removing the CVT app off your I Pad then reinstalling it"