Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Ok Gents.

I am really not trying to hijack the thread.

So I just have a simple question.

If I purchase a Cycleops Jet Fluid Pro trainer, Ant+ dual speed cadence sensor, an Ant+ adapter for my ipad.

Is that enough to ride these events?

If you have the extra cash, try go for the bluetooth Power Beam pro trainer. Works perfect with IPAD. Sure there are guys with good contacts on this forum that can get a good deal and all... :whistling:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ag kom nou Flippie! Jy kan maar erken Annarij skop jou gat :whistling:

Sy wens :)

Sy's nie te bad, kry darem so 200W avg wat @ 50kg darem 4W/kg is

Wayne, buy the pro, comes in bluetooth or ANT + (if you have an older ipad).

there are loads of sufferfest workouts to do too and you'll be thankful during the NZ winter. 

there are loads of sufferfest workouts to do too and you'll be thankful during the NZ winter. 

i told him,,,,but noooooo,,,no one listens to dips

Definitely. Goedkoop koop is duur koop. You load the sufferfest video on the ipad and the workout syncs to the video according to your set ftp, very convenient. 

rabbit WORD FOR WORD WHAT I TOLD MR POT

rabbit WORD FOR WORD WHAT I TOLD MR POT

great minds........

Definitely. Goedkoop koop is duur koop. You load the sufferfest video on the ipad and the workout syncs to the video according to your set ftp, very convenient. 

Never tried the Sufferfest videos. Any suggestions?

How does it compare to the routes we use on Virtual trainer?

Never tried the Sufferfest videos. Any suggestions?

How does it compare to the routes we use on Virtual trainer?

Just to clarify you still ride using the virtual training app.

A Very Dark Place is 5 x (4min interval + 3min rest) which for me is the most common workout.  

You can ride the workout without the video to test as it's listed in the virtual trainer workouts but if you use it with the video you get a well thought out soundtrack. It also syncs so if you skip an interval the video skips forward as well. 

Thanks Guys.

I completely understand the whole Goedkoop philisophy.

A few years ago, i bought a big computer and a fancy tacx trainer, but it was rubbish and it sorta has put me off indoor training.

DIPSY assures me this is much better, and for reasons unbeknown to the entire of mankind, i actually trust him.

Unfortunately, i am trying to desperately save money for NZ and if i come home with a 11k trainer my wife will insert it into me rectally.

So i shall keep an eye on this thread and the classifieds.

Maybe i can pick up a 2nd hand one for around 6k.

If anyone wants to upgrade or sell one, please bare me in mind.

Thanks..

Again, apologies for the slight sidetrack in your thread.

Just to clarify you still ride using the virtual training app.

A Very Dark Place is 5 x (4min interval + 3min rest) which for me is the most common workout.  

You can ride the workout without the video to test as it's listed in the virtual trainer workouts but if you use it with the video you get a well thought out soundtrack. It also syncs so if you skip an interval the video skips forward as well. 

Ok, so still using the VT app, how does the video load and vary resistance just as a video? Is this under "workout" or and actual route. bit confused...

Ok, so still using the VT app, how does the video load and vary resistance just as a video? Is this under "workout" or and actual route. bit confused...

the workouts are mostly  based on your ftp value and the app will increase/decrease the resistance accordingly. It gives you a watt value that you should be hitting during each interval & recovery period.

You copy the video file onto your iPad using iTunes.

Now when you load a workout in the VT app there is a selector to associate that workout with a video file. Open any workout and you will see the option to sync with a video file.

So you are riding a workout with the option to watch the data overlaid on the video. The power is automatically set to match the effort called for in the video.

Archived