Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friend of mine bought a Tacx Vortex

As Tacx is now open to other apps, he is in the process to try and use Virtual Training on Vortex. According to him the Vortex is both ant plus and bluetooth with controlled resistance. If it works ( first attempt was unsuccessful) it will be much cheaper (R6.5k) as the Powerbeam...

Anybody tried it, or racing with a Vortex here?

Friend of mine bought a Tacx Vortex

As Tacx is now open to other apps, he is in the process to try and use Virtual Training on Vortex. According to him the Vortex is both ant plus and bluetooth with controlled resistance. If it works ( first attempt was unsuccessful) it will be much cheaper (R6.5k) as the Powerbeam...

Anybody tried it, or racing with a Vortex here?

FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS BUY tacx

What you weigh if I may ask??

Bigshow, I see you a beeeg boy also to be putting out those watts you must have some C FOR SERIAAAAS powerful legs

Any points for getting to the the first ascent??? :blush: just wanted to play with the BIG boys, even though it was for only a few km.

Thanks for the race. Something worth getting excited about in WINTER...

Still can't believe the power you guys put down. Must be the extra O2 on the coast...

Congrats to the riders taking podium.

Mongoose must be a pro

Haha. Thanks. I wish.

You rode very good and almost cracked me the first part.

I am 1.9m tall and weight 82kg and at 40 plus a vets racer.

The last two months (almost every weekend) here in the Free State we had our provincial time trails hill climbs and crit racing.I did most of the events, and some power intervals before work.

Preparing now for the Transbaviaans and to be honest I am quit worried as I don't have time to do any long distance endurance rides... haha

Thanks and well done to everybody who raced tonight.

Already looking forward for coming Tuesday.

Bigshow, will you be so kind to create the race again?

I just didn't have the legs. Just about half way in had caught up plenty on you but you got away again

Great race once again, thanx all. This time I finished in the same calendar day as the rest of you :clap:

Question: I thought these races go on power output, so how does it work that bigshowza averaged a lower speed than mongoose,even though he had the biggest average power?

Seeing that mine is the lowest power, I'am hoping there is a shortcut to this  :whistling: . And again, how does a MTB compare to the guys on road bikes? I seem to be spinning on the downhills without the ability to put any real power down.Just curious, anyhow this is the best training I have ever done! Never thought it could be so much fun looking at a screen with a couple of dots on them....

Great fun and hard work. It's all power to weight ratio. If you work out mongoose it is 3.8 watts to a kg and I'm doing about 2.8 watts to a kg

Archived