Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Suffered this race. Nothing went smooth!

I set the tyre - trainer contact too light and at the first incline the tyre slipped. I got off, added more pressure against the tyre and carried on.

Now the apposite, I need a huge effort to achieve a basic 200W. Going to DIE.

Soooo...had an idea. Get the mrs to turn the yellow knob just one turn back!

I didn't clarify which yellow knob to turn and when I looked down she was loosening the axle bolt :eek:

Eventually after a lot of screaming from my part, she adjusted the back tension with great protest. Something about the wheel spinning moer fast...

Sadly I was back to where I started and could only produce 218W with 50% slip...

So dig deep, plod up the incline and wait for a flat and then end with max watts...

Apparently I was purple in the face...what an interesting race...Still a great workout thanks.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I set the tyre - trainer contact too light and at the first incline the tyre slipped. I got off, added more pressure against the tyre and carried on.

I didn't clarify which yellow knob to turn and when I looked down she was loosening the axle bolt :eek:

Eventually after a lot of screaming from my part, she adjusted the back tension with great protest. Something about the wheel spinning moer fast...

Sadly I was back to where I started and could only produce 218W with 50% slip...

So dig deep, plod up the incline and wait for a flat and then end with max watts...

Apparently I was purple in the face...what an interesting race...Still a great workout thanks.

Which IDT do u use?

Powerbeam is easy, turn the yellow knob 2 clicks and hey presto

No need to faf around

Which IDT do u use?

Powerbeam is easy, turn the yellow knob 2 clicks and hey presto

No need to faf around

It was the powerbeam. I've been experimenting with the amount of pressure on the tyre. I think the tyre also had a thin layer of fine dirt from a test ride on paving the night before...

Not sure what went wrong, but I realized that the calibration works well, until you change settings... 

:clap:

I also suffered a mechanical! Damn chain fell off just as we started the climbing part!

:clap:

I also suffered a mechanical! Damn chain fell off just as we started the climbing part!

All in the name of a race...

If my bike came out the axle tighteners...I would have been on TV, literally! That would have been an interesting one to explain to the insurance :w00t:

I created a race for tomorrow night 21.7.2015

Starting at 19h00 as always.

Hope to see all there.

I have an idea for next Tuesday. We do a double whammy. I will post a hill climb of about 12km with 500m ascent and then we follow up with a 8 to 10km flat TT. So effectively you need to register for both races. Hill climb starts at 7pm. Thinking of posting Bainskloof pass. Then 7h50 it is the start of the flat TT. So effectively if you have not finished the hill climb soon enough you do not qualify for the TT.

What you guys think?

sold the Tacx ... getting messed around by the guy selling the powerbeam(Crying face)... not enough funds for a new one (Bigger crying face) .... But i will be there soon :cursing:

So are we doing Mongoose or Jaco-Fiets on Tuesday?

I'm only seeing 1 race?

I think Jaco's race is for next week?

Archived