Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Might skip tomorrow night. Thought I managed to avoid getting sick (wife and kids all sick) but now my chest seems a bit tight, and this weekend it is trailseeker! Will see how I feel by tomorrow.

It might just be the anticipation of the new race format  :whistling:  :eek:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happens when you DON'T take a fast corner at SBR....Think IDT might be a little safer for me...at least the camera caught a bit of the action :eek:

post-47220-0-32639400-1440410721_thumb.jpg

Bigshow will be "losing" a lot of weight.

The heavy guys with all their power will gain an advantage  and go even faster while the skinny okes will either be penalized or end up the same.... ^_^

Ja nee ek is seker n bietjie stadig maar I don't get it....

not sure where exactly my FTP is as the last few rides were not a constant effort, so assuming its +/- 260w then my weight will be 260/3.4 = 76.5kg   as close as dammit to what it is at the moment...somewhere between 76 and 77

Qè?

The heavy guys with all their power will gain an advantage  and go even faster while the skinny okes will either be penalized or end up the same.... ^_^

Ja nee ek is seker n bietjie stadig maar I don't get it....

not sure where exactly my FTP is as the last few rides were not a constant effort, so assuming its +/- 260w then my weight will be 260/3.4 = 76.5kg   as close as dammit to what it is at the moment...somewhere between 76 and 77

Qè?

Then you have been riding at about 3.4. Perfect! The fast guys will definitely loose out and the big boys gain. That is the point - to get us racing in a bunch. Sadly we cannot simulate a flat road with cobbles and a strong crosswind, so us heavier okes will always bring up the rear on a virtual ride.

Remember that although you may "loose" on race day - you will gain in motivation during the race and you will still get your true Watts.

I am becoming nervous now.

so i'm a proud new owner of a kickr...

its quite a daunting task to go through 205 pages of this thread, so hoped somebody can give a quick run-down of when there are races, how long, what apps I need to join, how to join etc.?  Still have lots to work out in terms of IF, TSS, FTP's and all that stuff, but at least i can measure (kilo)watts now!

thanks in advance!

its quite a daunting task to go through 205 pages of this thread, so hoped somebody can give a quick run-down of when there are races, how long, what apps I need to join, how to join etc.?  Still have lots to work out in terms of IF, TSS, FTP's and all that stuff, but at least i can measure (kilo)watts now!

thanks in advance!

ditto. Did the swift thing yesterday to test it out. Now keen to see who to join the online community.

Races are on Tues at 19:00. Download Virtual Trainer. To do online racing you need to subscribe. Android doesn't race yet (I think).

thanks in advance!

ditto. Did the swift thing yesterday to test it out. Now keen to see who to join the online community.

congrats on the new toys.. im still trying to find a second hand powerbeam or similar... prices new still too harsh for me. Itching to join , but i will keep following the thread and praying for a trainer unit.

I sold the TACX VT ... just waiting for a bargain(Crying Face)

congrats on the new toys.. im still trying to find a second hand powerbeam or similar... prices new still too harsh for me. Itching to join , but i will keep following the thread and praying for a trainer unit.

I sold the TACX VT ... just waiting for a bargain(Crying Face)

you might want to pull the trigger sooner than later, cyclops being a US company and all...

My w/kg ratio after an online race

#strongerthantherand

Archived