Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Thanks guys, good workout as always! Not my kind of route though, prefer a bit of variation but any way.

Must add, definitely my worst online experience yet. Not the right route to add 15kg to your weight! I've averaged above 300W for the last 3 races, but couldn't get close to that tonight, averaging 278W. I thought rider weight won't make a difference to your avg watts, but the extra weight made the resistance just a bit more which made it much more difficult to get any momentum. It almost felt as if the gradient is about double what it normally is.

Any way, thats why we do it to experience different scenarios. Can definitely do the adjusted weight races more, but think flattish routes will work better.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, good workout as always! Not my kind of route though, prefer a bit of variation but any way.

Must add, definitely my worst online experience yet. Not the right route to add 15kg to your weight! I've averaged above 300W for the last 3 races, but couldn't get close to that tonight, averaging 278W. I thought rider weight won't make a difference to your avg watts, but the extra weight made the resistance just a bit more which made it much more difficult to get any momentum. It almost felt as if the gradient is about double what it normally is.

Any way, thats why we do it to experience different scenarios. Can definitely do the adjusted weight races more, but think flattish routes will work better.

Sorry man. I was hoping to get us all buched up. Bigshow and I was head to head for a long time. I don't know why your dynamics changed so dramatically. We will return to "real life" now.

Sorry man. I was hoping to get us all buched up. Bigshow and I was head to head for a long time. I don't know why your dynamics changed so dramatically. We will return to "real life" now.

No worries, I also thought it was a good idea, still think it is, but on flatter routes.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense that its not going to be 'n linear formula. There is a certain slope (I'd guess between 2-5% gradient) where it is optimal to pedal at peak power as soon as you go above that it starts to get more difficult just because you cant keep the momentum going. Adding a certain amount of weight is like increasing the slope and then you start loosing momentum. Felt like that was the case with me...maybe it was just a bad day in the saddle:)

is the Fluid unit worth using, one is available for R2500 .. 12k is very harsh ...?

I had one before the Powerbeam. Really a nice quiet IDT with a good "road" feel, but no resistance variation and power measurements. To increase resistance you move to a harder gear ratio. Good for CMT video training sessions...

Not sure if that helps...

Guys I took the liberty to create a race for next Tuesday. It will be in Aruba so we will sip some cocktails on the beach with Beach Boys in the background afterwards

My handicap weight is my goal weight

I decided the exact same thing.

I can unfortunately never reach the 59 kg to get to 3.4W/kg, Can maybe get from 72 to 69.

So my choices are:

1.) Cheat  :whistling:

2.) Cheat

3.) Cheat....

Only kidding, one day I will get there or die trying :thumbup:

Guys I took the liberty to create a race for next Tuesday. It will be in Aruba so we will sip some cocktails on the beach with Beach Boys in the background afterwards

Looks good, but with you guys there will be no time to enjoy any refreshments. 

congrats on the new toys.. im still trying to find a second hand powerbeam or similar... prices new still too harsh for me. Itching to join , but i will keep following the thread and praying for a trainer unit.

I sold the TACX VT ... just waiting for a bargain(Crying Face)

CWC have some specials on some of the Tacx ones currently:

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/tacx-trainer-vortex-smart-t2180

Maybe not as nice as the Cycleops or Kickr trainers, but a good deal cheaper...

Are they supported by the CycleOps software though?

I blew up spectacularly :blush: . I did my first race (more like a cruise....) since S2C on Sunday. Jeez I suffered because of that tonight. 94% of max heart rate ave and I still couldn't get the pedals to move. Lekker RR you killed me tonight. Thx manne.

I blew up spectacularly :blush: . I did my first race (more like a cruise....) since S2C on Sunday. Jeez I suffered because of that tonight. 94% of max heart rate ave and I still couldn't get the pedals to move. Lekker RR you killed me tonight. Thx manne.

Even so, you still made me work. Enjoyed it. Thanks.

Archived