Fedgroup Berg & Bush 2014 questions

Squier

.......the refreshment tables on route......and locals' support......

......and evening vibe......with food and drink!

Any refreshment table that hands out soft serve gets my vote for event of the yr..

Almost time now.. can't wait. Lovely weekend away with the hubby riding lovely trails.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm super excited, it's only 3 weeks away.

I've put in way much more saddle time this year and feeling strong.

The idea is not to race it, but really enjoy it without feeling like I may keel over.

Now just to avoid germs and injury.

and ...... SORRY FOR THE 3 DAY RIDERS ....

Gary has removed the Boat Crossing across Spionkop Dam - which in my humble opinion set the race aside from every other stage race in KZN ... now its just like the others ....

What a pity.

Zipline gone

Boat Ride gone ....

Just another stage race now ... FAIL on Mr Greens part  

Doing my first one. I only manage to do 2 very short training rides after the Baviaans. Struggling to get rid of a nasty virus. Going to be tough!

Gary has removed the Boat Crossing across Spionkop Dam - which in my humble opinion set the race aside from every other stage race in KZN ... now its just like the others ....

What a pity.

Zipline gone

Boat Ride gone ....

Aha.. but still there for 2day.. great stuff.

What a pity.

Zipline gone

Boat Ride gone ....

It is a logistical nightmare if there is a strong wind. Last year he had to abandon it at the last moment and re-route day 2. This meant that it was a water point short, which made it tough at the back of the pack.

Quite a few people ran out of fluids.

D batch on 2 day.

B-batch........biatch.....ag well, means more riding time and scenery appreciation. B&B is not a race.....its a relaxed ride!

If I remember correctly the Spionkop climb is about 1.5km in total (the steepest part about 500m on paved road) with about a 125m elevation gain.

Have to admit, the Spioenkop climb is nothing to worry about.  It's a tar road.  :)

Van Gaalens, some of the short / sharp climbs in Sani, W2W etc have many tougher climbs.  In fact, on Day 3, there is a climb or 2 in berg and bush that is way more hectic than Spioenk.

It is however a LOVELY climb as it one of those talked about landmark climbs.  What I LOOOVVEEDD about last year, was the Red Bull tent at the bottom of the climb.  HAHA

Archived