• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Remember how that movie was touted to be an oscar winning movie...and now you see it in a bargain bin..just shows how crap the oscars have become

Ja, must admit, when I saw the Oscar noms being touted on the DVD cover, I thought, "Oops, never heard of it..."  

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched 7 Minutes this weekend. Weak story line and not much going for it IMO.

Also watched The Cobbler. That was quite a nice movie.

Amongst my latest bargain bin find was this...

attachicon.gifpark.jpg

Must say, it was one of the oddest film treatments of that time I have seen. Need to watch it again. But one thing that intrigued me was the Zapruder film aspect. Would love to read or watch more about it. Any suggestions?    

I couldnt get into it hey 

I couldnt get into it hey 

In a strange, perhaps unintended, way, the film is a critique of itself. I rewatched it last night after reading up a bit about Zapruder. It's widely held that his film changed the way violence was portrayed on US film and television. There was a lot of gore - granted, it was well-filmed gore, I thought - but was it necessary to make a movie with so much of it. The trauma room scenes, for instance, got me thinking. Was the intention to protray what actually happened? How could it be anything other than an aggregated interpretation of a number of accounts? How can that be presented as the truth?

One thing I did enjoy, though, was the sympathetic treatment of Lee Harvey Oswald's brother, Robert. You couldn't help but feel sorry for him.           

• 2 weeks later...

Deadpool is looking AWESOME

My son showed me a teaser that featured one scene in a car...looked helluva funny! Is there more?  

My son showed me a teaser that featured one scene in a car...looked helluva funny! Is there more?  

Deadpool is looking AWESOME

You bet your ass it does! Going to be an insane ride. If the trailer is a true representation of the movie, it'll be unlike any other superhero movie. 

On a related note, the new Fantastic 4 movie is bombing hard and being panned by critics. Apparently, it's even worse than most expected it would be.

You bet your ass it does! Going to be an insane ride. If the trailer is a true representation of the movie, it'll be unlike any other superhero movie. 

On a related note, the new Fantastic 4 movie is bombing hard and being panned by critics. Apparently, it's even worse than most expected it would be.

that's disappointing... Still gonna watch it, but expectations will be looooow. 

Even worse than the other ones? :eek:

that's disappointing... Still gonna watch it, but expectations will be looooow. 

I don't know. It's going to be an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back.

post-62668-0-81604600-1438933213_thumb.png

I don't know. It's going to be an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Joh. 9% on the Tomatometer, and 37% audience satisfaction based on a fair number of reviews. That's hard to ignore...

On 2nd thoughts, I think I'll wait for this one to come out on the HBO (home box office)

Even worse than the other ones? :eek:

Seems so. Apparently, they had to do 40 pages worth of reshoots after the public responded to the first clips and how they had f@cked up the character of Dr. Doom. Stuff like that never ends well.

Seriously, this is how they represent Dr. Doom:

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/152/486/i02/Doom_Screenshot.jpg?1438879494

Edited by Odinson