• Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best movies I have ever seen. Every boy should watch this movie.

At least once a year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We watched this again the other day, and by doing so introduced the kids to it, they loved it. The boys are big old classic movie fans, but somehow they hadn't seen this one before.

https://youtu.be/9dxFHc5e9ik

Edited by Gen

We watched this again the other day, and by doing so introduced the kids to it, they loved it. The boys are big old classic movie fans, but somehow they hadn't seen this one before.

https://youtu.be/9dxFHc5e9ik

My OH is a big Agatha Christie fan. So we got hold of a box set of films from the 70's and early 80's - Death on the Nile, Murder on the Orient Express and Evil under the Sun. Quite strange watching movies where they actually went to real places and filmed real scenes without CGI. But other than being a bit slow they were actually really good. Herkuool Pwahroooh is very smart.

Just something I think is really cool, during the recent school holidays and long weekends, we showed my 8 year old son, Cool Runnings. Then in a space of two weeks he watched it like 5 or six times. I didn't mind, its just one of those feel good funny movies, definitely on my Top 10 of all time....

Did you watch it at a theater? 

yeah. 3d. One of the few movies I've watched where the 3d nature of it actually ADDS to the movie. Excellent cinematography. And Scarlett - phwoarrrr. 

Co-star - thought he would be the perfect person to play Duke Nukem... :P

My OH is a big Agatha Christie fan. So we got hold of a box set of films from the 70's and early 80's - Death on the Nile, Murder on the Orient Express and Evil under the Sun. Quite strange watching movies where they actually went to real places and filmed real scenes without CGI. But other than being a bit slow they were actually really good. Herkuool Pwahroooh is very smart.

Indeed

My boys have Clint Eastwood's full western collection.. they love it.

A lot of the new movies these days are just not doing it for me..yes some really good movies out..but we get flooded with so many remakes..we may as well just watch the originals and the classics.

Indeed

My boys have Clint Eastwood's full western collection.. they love it.

A lot of the new movies these days are just not doing it for me..yes some really good movies out..but we get flooded with so many remakes..we may as well just watch the originals and the classics.

Haha, ja, I have Firefox, Play Misty for Me, The Eiger Sanction... All his dodgy old movies from a distant youth. But not the ones with the chimp. :)

Haha, ja, I have Firefox, Play Misty for Me, The Eiger Sanction... All his dodgy old movies from a distant youth. But not the ones with the chimp. :)

He he

Yes as a parent one of the most important jobs is to expose kids to classic movies and good music.[emoji14] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Was intense hey

Enjoyed it

A bit of a 'whitewashing' critique around the film in the media

Otherwise, well made

yeah, I saw that. But ffs it's a movie. If it's not whitewashing, it's towing the corporate chauvinist patriarchy line, or blackwashing, or or or.