• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 over the weekend.

Definitely the 2nd best MCU sequel, after The Winter Soldier. Loved this movie! Hilarious, emotional, fun, etc. etc. Probably my favourite aspect of the film is how it develops the characters of the film and explores their backstory and why they do the things they do.

Laughed my ass of at "I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!".

9/10.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 over the weekend.

Definitely the 2nd best MCU sequel, after The Winter Soldier. Loved this movie! Hilarious, emotional, fun, etc. etc. Probably my favourite aspect of the film is how it develops the characters of the film and explores their backstory and why they do the things they do.

Laughed my ass of at "I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!".

9/10.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/140767-the-movie-thread/?p=3111923

LOL!!

You guys sure you watched the same movie?

:lol:

I don't think Jamie Gunn could make a movie that bad even if he tried. 

I think Gunn's pet raccoon could make a better movie than that.

LOL!! Did someone say brain Fart! My bad!

I'll admit, if you tell noone, that it caught me when the first post about it went up. The Russian Avengers sounded almost as interesting as there Putin/Trump -inspired Brokeback Mountain remake. Coming soon. Apparently.

Heard about this on the radio this morning, a Guy Ritchie version of a popular classic:

Charlie Hunnam stars in KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD, directed by Guy Ritchie - in theaters March 24, 2017
---
Acclaimed filmmaker Guy Ritchie brings his dynamic style to the epic fantasy action adventure “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.” Starring Charlie Hunnam in the title role, the film is an iconoclastic take on the classic Excalibur myth, tracing Arthur’s journey from the streets to the throne.

When the child Arthur’s father is murdered, Vortigern (Jude Law), Arthur’s uncle, seizes the crown. Robbed of his birthright and with no idea who he truly is, Arthur comes up the hard way in the back alleys of the city. But once he pulls the sword from the stone, his life is turned upside down and he is forced to acknowledge his true legacy…whether he likes it or not.

Starring with Hunnam (FX’s “Sons of Anarchy”) and Oscar nominee Law (“Cold Mountain,” “The Talented Mr. Ripley”) are Astrid Bergès-Frisbey (“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides”) as Mage; Oscar nominee Djimon Hounsou (“Blood Diamond,” “In America”) as Bedivere; Aidan Gillen (HBO’s “Game of Thrones”) as Goosefat Bill; and Eric Bana (“Star Trek”) as Arthur’s father, King Uther Pendragon.

Guy Ritchie (“The Man from U.N.C.L.E.,” the “Sherlock Holmes” films) directed the film from a screenplay is by Joby Harold (“Awake”) and Guy Ritchie & Lionel Wigram, story by David Dobkin (“The Judge”) and Joby Harold. The film is produced by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman (“A Beautiful Mind,” “I Am Legend”), Joby Harold, Tory Tunnell (“Awake,” “Holy Rollers”), and “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” and “Sherlock Holmes” producers Steve Clark-Hall, Guy Ritchie and Lionel Wigram. David Dobkin and Bruce Berman are executive producers.

Ritchie’s behind-the-scenes creative team included two-time Oscar-nominated director of photography John Mathieson (“Gladiator,” “The Phantom of the Opera”), Oscar-nominated production designer Gemma Jackson (“Finding Neverland”), editor James Herbert (“The Man from U.N.C.L.E.,” “Edge of Tomorrow”), costume designer Annie Symons (Masterpiece Theater’s “Great Expectations”), makeup and hair designer Christine Blundell (“Mr. Turner,” the “Sherlock Holmes” films), and Oscar-nominated VFX Supervisor Nick Davis (“The Dark Knight”). The music is by Daniel Pemberton (“The Man from U.N.C.L.E.”).

Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, a Weed Road/Safehouse Pictures Production, a Ritchie/Wigram Production, a Guy Ritchie film, “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.” Slated for release on March 24, 2017, the film will be distributed in North America by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures. 

watched half of i origins on the plane the other day and just finished it tonight. Not a bad movie that fits in quite nicely with the "it is time" series of threads

The Founder (2016) 8/10. I never thought I would end up watching a biopic about McDonald's and I definitely never imagined it would be so engrossing - nor that I would actually end up feeling sympathy for the original owners. This is not just a good movie - it is a movie that you should see because it tells you about more than McDonald's - it tells you about America, and the 50's and big business and you will end up struggling to hold on to preconceived idea about good guys and bad guys.

It's just business.

Watched the Founder this morning - the story of Ray Kroc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Ster-Kinekor are only showing it now, does that mean DStv only gets it in 6-8 months from now? Behind the times, they are... a 2016 movie that's already available in HD/1080p/SD on Kodi.

Watched John Wick 2 (2017). It was okay, but not as amazing as the first one was. Not bad, but nothing original - just two hours of pretty much the same shoot, shoot and shoot some more scenes that made the first one so popular.

Clearly a set-up for movie #3. Hopefully there will be a bit more of a story to it. I like action, but two hours of watching basically the same actions repeated over and over gets somewhat tedious, eventually.

7/10.

Free Fire (2017) 8/10.

I enjoyed it. A lot. It's probably inevitable that I will compare Free Fire and John Wick 2, since I saw them very close together and they are both different takes on the same scenario: A massive shootout.

First, JW2: I felt it had become somewhat repetitive and even a bit boring in some places. Stylised shootouts with Wick's by now probably trademarked move (grab a guy, shoot everybody else while using him as a shield, then shooting him) were repeated endlessly, with little variation. So much time was spent on the action scenes that little time was left for story or character development. It all felt like one big setup for the final movie.

FF, on the other hand, had some of the most fascinating, ridiculous and odd characters ever collected together in one scene. The story is also pretty straightforward, but at least there are a couple of twists. Copley, especially, seemed to have been given free reign with his character, much to the delight of a South African fan like myself. As for the giant shootout: Well, you'll have to decide for yourself, but I loved it.