• Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baby Driver (2017) 7/10.

I really enjoyed it and understand why it's getting such rave reviews. Edgar Wright is a brilliant director and BD is obviously a labour of love. I would have preferred it to end a little stronger, even though Wright's ending is probably more sensible and realistic.

I'll have no hesitation in recommending Baby Driver.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Watched 'IT' (2017) on Firday. 

8.5/10.

Great acting, excellent use of both CGI and make-up and excellent cinematography. 

My only disappointment is, is that if you've seen the 1990 miniseries or read the book, you'll be familiar with the main beats of the plot, so there's not many surprises in store for you. 

Watched 'IT' (2017) on Firday.

8.5/10.

Great acting, excellent use of both CGI and make-up and excellent cinematography.

My only disappointment is, is that if you've seen the 1990 miniseries or read the book, you'll be familiar with the main beats of the plot, so there's not many surprises in store for you.

No chance in Hell...I read the book as a young teen and sat through 1 episode way back when, both book and that 1 episode scared the living daylights out of me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No chance in Hell...I read the book as a young teen and sat through 1 episode way back when, both book and that 1 episode scared the living daylights out of me.

You really that scared or you just clowning around here..? ;)

Do what I do Gen and think about the clown as Poundfoolish. No way he could be stoopid and scary. And besides you enjoy Sagz with that hideous hair/beard combo. It is scary. IT is a book.

You really that scared or you just clowning around here..? ;)

Yeah, no, bugger that. I don't if it was IT, the book or the series - but I feel about clowns the way Lord Vetinari feels about mimes.

"Vetinari banned all mime performances from Ankh-Morpork shortly after taking power. Mime artists who violate the ban usually find themselves hanging upside down in Vetinari's scorpion pit while reading a sign saying "Learn the Words"."

Do what I do Gen and think about the clown as Poundfoolish. No way he could be stoopid and scary. And besides you enjoy Sagz with that hideous hair/beard combo. It is scary. IT is a book.

You mean once I work up enough courage to peek out from behind a pillow.[emoji12]

hehe, agree - my nerves could never handle more than a few minutes of the first episode - I have absolutely no intention to watch this movie.

This will probably mean that IT will be the start of many Steven King Horror movies they will remake... living through them the first time was hard enough.

This will probably mean that IT will be the start of many Steven King Horror movies they will remake... living through them the first time was hard enough.

Until you have watched the drek that was Pet Sematary 2, Christine, Cat's Eye and the absolute worst which was Dream catcher you have no idea how lucky you are. I think 1408 is the only one that was even vaguely well done of his scary movies, other than Carrie and The Shining, but they aren't really scary. Of course, Shawshank and the Green Mile are right up there all time but that was because the director cared a lot. And even he stuffed up 'The Mist'.

Which is why I am so happy It has gotten decent reviews. :)

Until you have watched the drek that was Pet Sematary 2, Christine, Cat's Eye and the absolute worst which was Dream catcher you have no idea how lucky you are. I think 1408 is the only one that was even vaguely well done of his scary movies, other than Carrie and The Shining, but they aren't really scary. Of course, Shawshank and the Green Mile are right up there all time but that was because the director cared a lot. And even he stuffed up 'The Mist'.

Which is why I am so happy It has gotten decent reviews. :)

Christine was the car yeah.. yeah I don't think I made it through the opening scene [emoji85]

Shawshank and the Green Mile were brilliant. .BUT I will never watch the Green Mile again.. no no no... just too sad.

Christine was the car yeah.. yeah I don't think I made it through the opening scene [emoji85]

Shawshank and the Green Mile were brilliant. .BUT I will never watch the Green Mile again.. no no no... just too sad.

It sounds like you want to eliminate sad, scary... If you eliminate funny too all you will be left with is Schuster movies? :(

It sounds like you want to eliminate sad, scary... If you eliminate funny too all you will be left with is Schuster movies? :(

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

One does not need to cry as much as what one did in The Green Mile twice

Edited by Gen

I remember going to watch King's Sleepwalkers (starring Alice Krige) with a friend at the theater when it came out. Not the best movie I've ever seen (not even close), but I still vividly recall how deliciously shocked my friend and I were at the scene where mother and son were revealed to be be ... (gasp) ...

lovers

!

Edited by Readsalot