• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

my wife went and watched the showman last night...she reckons the theatre goers sang along and applauded at the end. They love the movie theatre outing here! lol

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Post (2017) 6/10.
Supremely unimpressed. Good cast, good story, good director and a movie that made me wonder why the hell I was wasting my time. I saw one critic describe it a "stodgy" and "unimaginative" and I couldn't agree more.

Meryl Streep had one good scene so good for her, I guess, but nearly everyone else (including Tom Hanks) could have been replaced and it would have made no difference.

The Post (2017) 6/10.

Supremely unimpressed. Good cast, good story, good director and a movie that made me wonder why the hell I was wasting my time. I saw one critic describe it a "stodgy" and "unimaginative" and I couldn't agree more.

Meryl Streep had one good scene so good for her, I guess, but nearly everyone else (including Tom Hanks) could have been replaced and it would have made no difference.

I saw a bit on Graham Norton and it looked pretty dull

I saw a bit on Graham Norton and it looked pretty dull

It just felt like a "by the numbers" movie. It's not bad, but all of them have made movies with more heart.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It just felt like a "by the numbers" movie. It's not bad, but all of them have made movies with more heart.

Mmm.. it's disappointing reading that...such an amazing cast..I'll still watch it though [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mmm.. it's disappointing reading that...such an amazing cast..I'll still watch it though [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah surprisingly so

Sounds like video material / PVR rental material then

my wife went and watched the showman last night...she reckons the theatre goers sang along and applauded at the end. They love the movie theatre outing here! lol

Saw this with my wife, not the type of movie I would normally watch but thought it was pretty good. Great music and choreography. Can see it winning an Oscar or 2

Accident Man (2018) 7/10. Scott Adkins, Ray Stevenson and Michael Jai White.

Pure fun. A B-grade movie with extra cheese that is entertaining as hell, with non-stop action and characters straight out of a 90s comic book. I'm not kidding, Accident Man was created by Pat Mills, the 'godfather of British comics' in the early 90s, long before Statham and The Mechanic came along.

The Irish in general do not need much encouragement to break out in song

Three Bilboards outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) 8/10.

Watched Three Billboards last night and... Wow. I don't even know where to start. One of the most fascinating, riveting movies I've ever seen. Everything clicks, from the writing, casting and acting to the directing and the editing.

I loved it. I laughed out loud and winced and gasped and silently mouthed, "Holy S..." too many times to count. Not everyone will like it, but I am willing to bet that if you like it you won't just like it - you'll love it.

Watched this last night and really enjoyed it, despite the ending.

Watched this last night and really enjoyed it, despite the ending.

Went to watch it yesterday and there was a problem with the projector... Will have to do it next weekend

The Last Jedi (2017) 7/10.

For space fantasy it wasn't bad, lots of laughs and some pretty special effects. But it has plot holes large enough to drive a truck through and it's getting harder and harder to find the 'science' in the science fiction part. A fun, forgettable 7/10.

Get Out (2017) 8/10.

I didn't want to watch it when it first came out because I'm not really into horrors and I'm a bit tired of the black/white thing and I suspected it was going to be you one of those nihilistic movies so determined to make a political point it would lose any chance of being entertaining.

Boy, was I glad to be proven wrong.