• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

In the name of the Father is my favourite movie..I also remember being peeved about the Oscar situation..but yeah Schindler's list is indeed a very good movie.

go and look who got best supporting actor that year instead of peter postelthwaite.....bloody Tommy Lee Jones for the fugitive!

and the choices were:

Tommy Lee Jones – The Fugitive as U.S. Marshal Samuel Gerarddouble-dagger
Leonardo DiCaprio – What's Eating Gilbert Grape as Arnie Grape
Ralph Fiennes – Schindler's List as Amon Goeth
John Malkovich – In the Line of Fire as Mitch Leary
Pete Postlethwaite – In the Name of the Father as Giuseppe Conlon

If anything thats the oscar that leo should of could instead of the bear fighting one..but...peter should have won it...he was mammoth in In the Name of the Father. One of my favourite movies too

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go and look who got best supporting actor that year instead of peter postelthwaite.....bloody Tommy Lee Jones for the fugitive!

and the choices were:

Tommy Lee Jones – The Fugitive as U.S. Marshal Samuel Gerarddouble-dagger
Leonardo DiCaprio – What's Eating Gilbert Grape as Arnie Grape
Ralph Fiennes – Schindler's List as Amon Goeth
John Malkovich – In the Line of Fire as Mitch Leary
Pete Postlethwaite – In the Name of the Father as Giuseppe Conlon

If anything thats the oscar that leo should of could instead of the bear fighting one..but...peter should have won it...he was mammoth in In the Name of the Father. One of my favourite movies too

Leonardo Di Caprio is my choice. Gilbert Grape was also the 1st time I ever saw a movie of his. I think they didn't give it to him purely because he was still a snot nosed kid, and they couldn't very well let him win against the other 4 serious heavyweights. But hell, just read those names again! What company!

Hunger Games

Was planning to read the book first but never got round to it

Actually I always avoid science fiction/fantasy movies/series based on "Young Adult" books.

Divergent

The 100

Maize Runner

Twilight..

(Oh and every Transformer movie after the 2nd one)

It's a good trilogy imo.

Edited by HyruleWarrior80

Damn, that Infinity War was a great experience. Now they better not cobble up some easy solution or I will be very cross.

Finally saw it, was a bit underwhelmed tbh, maybe expected too much.

Liked that they had a villain with a valid point and did not just go with the usual evil "I want to destroy/take over the world" stuff.

For the rest, maybe just too many characters for my liking and with the ending being set up for the sequel it felt like half-a-movie not a full one.

Leonardo Di Caprio is my choice. Gilbert Grape was also the 1st time I ever saw a movie of his. I think they didn't give it to him purely because he was still a snot nosed kid, and they couldn't very well let him win against the other 4 serious heavyweights. But hell, just read those names again! What company!

Still his best acting performance

Finally saw it, was a bit underwhelmed tbh, maybe expected too much.

Liked that they had a villain with a valid point and did not just go with the usual evil "I want to destroy/take over the world" stuff.

For the rest, maybe just too many characters for my liking and with the ending being set up for the sequel it felt like half-a-movie not a full one.

I think I've gotten to that point in life here I look around, see the state of the world, and long to just feel like a 12 year old who has nothing to worry about except the fate of half the universe. Look it isn't the greatest movie of all time but it went past in the blink of an eye and I left feeling exhilarated so I give it a good 8 out of 10. The end is a cheat cos you know they will come back due to some deus ex machina but I am a very forgiving person in my spare time.

I think I've gotten to that point in life here I look around, see the state of the world, and long to just feel like a 12 year old who has nothing to worry about except the fate of half the universe. Look it isn't the greatest movie of all time but it went past in the blink of an eye and I left feeling exhilarated so I give it a good 8 out of 10. The end is a cheat cos you know they will come back due to some deus ex machina but I am a very forgiving person in my spare time.

I'm a bit harsh in my earlier post - certainly wasn't bad but was maybe hyped up too much for me.

I enjoy the "less serious" Marvel movies more - Thor Ragnarok, Guardians, Deadpool.

Edited by Skubarra

I'm a bit harsh in my earlier post - certainly wasn't bad but was maybe hyped up too much for me.

I enjoy the "less serious" Marvel movies more - Thor Ragnarok, Guardians, Deadpool.

Yeah, me too. Sarcasm and I are bosom buddies so Mr Pool is up my alley.

They better get this right or else! Freddy Mercurys' is not a lightweight story and it needs the right and proper kind of telling!

Not going to watch this. I watched the trailer today...NO ONE can capture Freddie nor the dynamic that the band had

Not going to watch this. I watched the trailer today...NO ONE can capture Freddie nor the dynamic that the band had

I love the music and I'm just so happy they didn't try to cover Freddie's voice (not that anyone could). Plus, I think Rami Malek is a good choice as an actor. I'm not overly fond that they seem to be skipping over his sexuality but I've never though anyone's sexual orientation was any of my business, so I'm just going to watch the movie for the music.

All The Way (2016) 7/10 and Selma (2014) 7/10.

Didn't realise both of these movies would cover more or less the same time and the same events from different perspectives until I watched them. Didn't know much about LBJ until I watched All The Way, in which Cranston does a brilliant job of portraying a deeply flawed character. Oyelowo is excellent in Selma and listening to him speak as MLK is riveting.

Not light popcorn flicks, but probably good for the soul.

I love the music and I'm just so happy they didn't try to cover Freddie's voice (not that anyone could). Plus, I think Rami Malek is a good choice as an actor. I'm not overly fond that they seem to be skipping over his sexuality but I've never though anyone's sexual orientation was any of my business, so I'm just going to watch the movie for the music.

There's an incredible 2 part documentary called days of our lives. Totally worth a watch

I also think Rami is brilliant.. You just need to watch short term 12 to see..... But still thinking I will be watching the movie too critically.... Then again joquain phoenix and Reese Witherspoon did a great job with walk the line... Time will tell I guess

There's an incredible 2 part documentary called days of our lives. Totally worth a watch

Added to list. Thanks!