Thaba Trails...Ranked number 8 out of the top 100 Bike Parks in South Africa

Wendell

Where does one get eyes on this list? will make for an entertaining read. 100 bike parks? I must be living blind then, because I haven't seen one near us, or does paying to ride in a Forestry, forest constitute a bike park?

Yes, Jonkershoek does constitute a bike park as they have built the single tracks there specifically for the cyclists.

Edited by dre

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to riding the new DH track Wendell. It looks really good! Just a note that the berm after the pallet drop on the short track is blown out. It chucked two of us into the rocks on the left hand side on Saturday.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

This is my first post :)

I am going to Thaba tomorrow morning for my first ride in years! Which trail should I do? any recommendations are welcome... Thanks! :D

Hi everyone!

This is my first post :)

I am going to Thaba tomorrow morning for my first ride in years! Which trail should I do? any recommendations are welcome... Thanks! :D

Start with the Green, it's the easiest of the trails, and if you want, you can try out one of the blue routes just to see what you need to upskill on before you can ride them. And take your climbing legs...

Start with the Green, it's the easiest of the trails, and if you want, you can try out one of the blue routes just to see what you need to upskill on before you can ride them. And take your climbing legs...

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Anyone hubbers riding at Thaba on Sunday? Looking at doing two laps:

1. 1st lap mixing green with some blue (Wendell's Way and one other)
  2. 2nd lap just the Green route.

I'm being a bit ambitious here, so I might chicken out after lap one, but I'm trying to get myself in shape to do some 70-90km MTB races next year.

My top Trail centers:

1. Karkloof

2. Jonkershoek

3. Garden Route trails ( Sedgefield )

4. Giba

5. Red Barn

6. Thaba trails

7. Mankele.

The order might change depending on the kind of riding you enjoy, and is really not important. I almost forgot about Mankele...they should be 5th!

All of these trails have a good variety of both man-made and natural features. ( If Van Gaalens had more man made features like jumps & berms, they will definitely make my list.)

Trails like NF shouldn't even be classified as MTB trails, never mind top 20!

My top Trail centers:

1. Karkloof

2. Jonkershoek

3. Garden Route trails ( Sedgefield )

4. Giba

5. Red Barn

6. Thaba trails

7. Mankele.

The order might change depending on the kind of riding you enjoy, and is really not important. I almost forgot about Mankele...they should be 5th!

All of these trails have a good variety of both man-made and natural features. ( If Van Gaalens had more man made features like jumps & berms, they will definitely make my list.)

Trails like NF shouldn't even be classified as MTB trails, never mind top 20!

Mon dieu Dirt Merchant, no place for the Spruit ????

A bit late to try and find out during the holidays, but are there any other regulars riding Thaba Trails during weekdays mornings?

I try to fit in a quick Green Trail between 05h00 and 06h00 and would like some company beside the sleepy blesbokke and zebras.