Pyga One Ten 29 - Water in frame

zappa

I have removed the pressfit BB from Pyga (lots of moering). There was quite a bit of water inside the frame. Do i need to be concerned about this? I know some guys drill a hole in the frame to allow water to drain but not too keen on this idea.

If you submerse your bike often it may be an option - give them a call to ask for the best point - my Giant has a small hole in the bottom of the bottombracket. Otherwise, take out the headset and bottom-bracket and give it a few days to dry out.

Having a drain hole in the low point of the frame is still the best way to get rid of accumulated water

The pyga I think if I rember correct has the same problem with the bottom pivot point, unless they changed it

Thanks. Will do seatpost thing regularly I think. Not berserk about drilling frame.

Drill the frame. BB shells are over-engineered anyway. If memory serves me correctly, Johan Borman was also an advocate of drilling. If you don't know, he's the Chuck Norris of bike tech.

If the chainstay or the seat tube cracks I don't think Pyga are going to say "Mmmmmmm that 4mm hole in the bb shell must have been the cause of this, sorry ......."

Interesting thing, my bike was also designed by Pat and no hole here either. Seatpost thing was working fine until I got a Lev dropper, now I have to drill. :cursing:

Send PYGA an email. I had the same issue with my Zero29 and after contacting Pat it was agreed that I could drill a small hole below the BB to let the water out without any warranty issues..

Drill the frame. BB shells are over-engineered anyway. If memory serves me correctly, Johan Borman was also an advocate of drilling. If you don't know, he's the Chuck Norris of bike tech.

However he was put to the sword by many for that :ph34r:

Guest Smimby

If the chainstay or the seat tube cracks I don't think Pyga are going to say "Mmmmmmm that 4mm hole in the bb shell must have been the cause of this, sorry ......."

No but they will say...."you modified the frame hence NO guarantee"

AS the fine print ALWAYS states, the moment you modify it the guarantee is gone

Guest Smimby

Send PYGA an email. I had the same issue with my Zero29 and after contacting Pat it was agreed that I could drill a small hole below the BB to let the water out without any warranty issues..

Hope you have that in writing

Reply from Pyga, good service. :clap:

Hi,

Yes, please drill a 4mm hole in the centre bottom of the BB. This will not voide your warranty.

Hope you are still loving the bike!

Best regards,

Cliff Beckett

On 30/06/2014 08:16, Ed Smith wrote:

Hi Pat

I have just replaced the BB on my Pyga. There was a lot of water in the frame. Is this normal?

If I drill a 4mm hole in BB will this void the warranty?

If not, which is the best place to place the hole?

Regards