Sani2c 2015

Gringo

Thanks.  Bit more than I expected.  Will just go through the schlep of boxing the bike myself.

Try Hermanus cycles...R850 all incl.

IF they still have space....

Leon Prak

Hermanus Cycles
18 Long Street 
Hermanus
082 932 3938

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try Hermanus cycles...R850 all incl.

IF they still have space....

Leon Prak

Hermanus Cycles

18 Long Street

Hermanus

082 932 3938

Thanks. They've gone up to R1000. That was probably the early bird price.

My boyfriend is doing Joberg2C and then Sani2C with me, so I was comparing the routes now and I am confused. IF the last 3 days of both races are the same, then why do the 2 websites give different total ascents? (I am obsessed with knowing how much climbing awaits me in all my races). The Joberg2C website has more climbing listed, are they just trying to not scare the Sani pansies?

http://joberg2c.co.za/ride-details/the-route/

http://www.sani2c.co.za/DisplayLink.aspx?group=Race%20Details&name=The%20Route

Anyone have an answer?

I'll give you a call and explain.  You've done Crater Cruise in 40degree heat.  You will be FINE!

So....who went out and bought a GPS for Sani2c..?

I'm seriously thinking about winging it and not riding with one - will I be okay?

With race entry and the other additional service costs & kit, don't have cash to fork out for a GPS. The organisers should honestly think about a service to rent a GPS out for the event.

I'm seriously thinking about winging it and not riding with one - will I be okay?

With race entry and the other additional service costs & kit, don't have cash to fork out for a GPS. The organisers should honestly think about a service to rent a GPS out for the event.

i bought a GPS a while ago, not just for Sani2C but it contributed to my decision. You should be fine a MB said, but if you feel you do not want to take any chances in getting lost, consider hiring yourself a tracker from the kalahari...those guys are awesome

if you are a mid pack chap you should be fine.... :whistling:

Probably, it's not exactly orienteering in the wilderness...

But, even being mid pack in a field of 1500 riders, there are times you will get to junctions where there is nobody around. Are you going to stop and wait for the next rider to catch you or are you just going to pick the most obvious route and pray it's correct (and if it is the wrong turn at what point do you make the call that oops, we have to turn around) - thing is, even if you get 99% of them right it only takes one wrong turn to potentially spoil your day

Probably, it's not exactly orienteering in the wilderness...

But, even being mid pack in a field of 1500 riders, there are times you will get to junctions where there is nobody around. Are you going to stop and wait for the next rider to catch you or are you just going to pick the most obvious route and pray it's correct (and if it is the wrong turn at what point do you make the call that oops, we have to turn around) - thing is, even if you get 99% of them right it only takes one wrong turn to potentially spoil your day

Although i do agree with you from previous experience.  I do think it is a mindset thing,  you found yourself alone sometimes because you did not care to ride alone as the route was clearly marked.  if you go into this knowing you do not have a GPS and the route is not marked, you will make sure you have someone in-front (or behind) you to follow.  Riding at their speed (the team with GPS) is just a sacrifice you will have to make then.  If you want to ride at your own speed, i would say get yourself a GPS.  In summary, it will not be a train smash if you do not have a GPS for the Sani2C

Anyone looking to swop their size 'L' mens Sani2C kit/tops for my size 'XL' mens at this years Sani, pm me or 082 327 8547. I've taken over a race entry so have a sizing change.

Just arranging in advance.  :thumbup:

Anyone looking to swop their size 'L' mens Sani2C kit/tops for my size 'XL' mens at this years Sani, pm me or 082 327 8547. I've taken over a race entry so have a sizing change.

Just arranging in advance.  :thumbup:

Think someone created a special thread for this

stupid question, but why do you need a GPS specifically for Sani2C?  If you are big time into tracking your rides & races, then surely you need a GPS for any race, why only try to rent one for Sani2C?

stupid question, but why do you need a GPS specifically for Sani2C? If you are big time into tracking your rides & races, then surely you need a GPS for any race, why only try to rent one for Sani2C?

so you haven't heard the route will be unmarked, no arrows, so you need a gps device to load a map to follow the route for each day.

so you haven't heard the route will be unmarked, no arrows, so you need a gps device to load a map to follow the route for each day.

Nope, didn't know.

Nope, didn't know.

do you have an entry to 2015 s2c? I'm Guessing you are going to answer no here?

Archived