Sani2c 2015

Gringo

Nope, it's normal plastic boxes. You get two straps to lock the lid down with, but it does not lock.

That being said, I've never had any issues.

+1 Had no issues with my goods inside the box

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The newsletter only said that Nando's will no longer be on Scottburgh beach, so no free burger after you have finished. They didn't say anything about not being at waterpoint 2 on Day 2, so I'm sure they'll still be there.

They say Nando's will be at Glencairn but not Scottburgh, so at least we know they will be there!

Quick thank you to Entelect for sorting out the problems I experienced while booking the car shuttle (site wouldn't let me pay) - the person who assisted me was very helpful and got the problem fixed while I was on the phone - very impressed.

Are the boxes they issue you for your kit lockable?

I've heard some hectic stories of people losing stuff and having to ride in their skivvies Pusher. Recommend you carry everything with you while you ride . . . .

;-)

Thanks.

Transport is done by proper logistics company (Bidvest) - no hassles at all.

Transport is done by proper logistics company (Bidvest) - no hassles at all.

Done by SuperGroup.

It's a really well orgainsed machine. You load your box in the morning and when you get to Mackenzie/Jolivet/Scottburgh your box is waiting for you.

There is also safety in numbers as there are 1500 other boxes, all looking exactly the same.

Opens 16 week training plan at week 14.  

*Wonders if he has left it a bit late...*

No sweat.  Bike is still stuck at lbs anyway.

So, exactly two weeks from today, at this very moment, I shall be finding myself in the mighty Umkomaas valley! :thumbup:

Man! I cannot wait! Doing my fourth and still as excited as I was for my first.

Opens 16 week training plan at week 14.  

*Wonders if he has left it a bit late...*

No sweat.  Bike is still stuck at lbs anyway.

Well at least you have the tapering bit covered... Apparently that is very important as well

Doing the race event. How much training has everyone been doing? Trying to do around 850km - 900km a month since January. 

Guest Travis.

And here I am happy I can get 2 to 4 hours a week since just over a month ago.

So, exactly two weeks from today, at this very moment, I shall be finding myself in the mighty Umkomaas valley! :thumbup:

Man! I cannot wait! Doing my fourth and still as excited as I was for my first.

Doing my 1st .. any advice / tips ?

Doing my 1st .. any advice / tips ?

Just take in the experience. Ride well within yourself and take in the sights and sounds. It's an awesome race. Don't spend 3 days starting at your stem in pursuit of a good time. It's all about the experience.

Archived