Sani2c 2015

Gringo

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

What do they  have for breakfast at the race villages please?

This will be my third Sani, always just had a shake in the mornings, never actually ventured into the dining tent  :whistling: .

Thanks

Anyone have luck loading maps onto a Forerunner 910XT?

PLEASE  :unsure:

What file extension did you try. I have a 510 and used the .fit files

Do the .fit files display the ascent and descent values?  Mine doesn't appear on my Edge 1000?

Edge 510. No ascent or decent either. Happy to see day 2 Is under 100 k.

Race

Skubarra C

Mike Bike D

ratherberidin' E

Nibali G

MTB_wannabe H

Sniffie J

Loop en val L

escapee.. M

Kerbouchard N

Kilodan M

Janneman J

Adventure

Eldron A

Cav' A

ians B

Ricochet_rabbit B

Talus B

lapa B

typhoon B

CleatsnCleavage B

tinycle D

WesleyR G

watsonr H/G

Greg29 I

flymango M

shaper N

Trail

Ranga A

Conna A

Oxter B

Francois PienaarC

Squier C

Ramrod D

Pusher E

word E

River Rat F

Gringo G

CMK I

RyanD. Race C batch

Hi,

What do they  have for breakfast at the race villages please?

This will be my third Sani, always just had a shake in the mornings, never actually ventured into the dining tent  :whistling: .

Thanks

Sometimes Futurelife, else eggs, bacon, bread, Oats pap coffee, coffee and coffee. Basically the usual stuff.

Anyone tried loading the gps files onto a CycleOps Joule GPS?

Saw some guidance on the sani website: http://www.sani2c.co.za/DisplayLink.aspx?group=Race Details&name=GPS Info

They say:

Joule GPS Instructions
  1. To load onto your Joule GPS download the .gpx files onto your Desktop.
  2. You will require the Poweragent software for this and a link has been included below. http://www.powertap.com/collections/software/products/poweragent
  3. Detailed instructions can be found on You Tube and we have included the link below. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qak6LEkCI4A&feature=youtu.be

Struggled a bit with my Bryton but eventually got it loaded.

post-7796-0-99487400-1430974059_thumb.jpg

Sometimes Futurelife, else eggs, bacon, bread, Oats pap coffee, coffee and coffee. Basically the usual stuff.

Thanks

Thanks

Like a Southern Sun buffet breakfast but with lots of people in lycra

Any idea whether one could use a Garmin Forerunner 405 for the Sani?

It's GPS enabled and can load routes, but I'm not sure whether it can only load routes that were created with the device (i.e. when you want to challenge your past performances).

Any idea whether one could use a Garmin Forerunner 405 for the Sani?

It's GPS enabled and can load routes, but I'm not sure whether it can only load routes that were created with the device (i.e. when you want to challenge your past performances).

Think I'm having the same thinkg with the Frnr 910xt, you can load routes off GC but I'm struggling to load onto GC to load onto the gps.

What file extension did you try. I have a 510 and used the .fit files

I can't find a way to load the maps - Im going to try convert on gpsies.com or similar site later today to see if I can get the route onto GC - then onto GPS.

Think I'm having the same thinkg with the Frnr 910xt, you can load routes off GC but I'm struggling to load onto GC to load onto the gps.

I can't find a way to load the maps - Im going to try convert on gpsies.com or similar site later today to see if I can get the route onto GC - then onto GPS.

I spoke to Matt from Easybike yesterday. They are busy uploading the courses onto Garmin Connect which you will then be able to send to the 310/910XT device.

You cant import it yourself - I tried

Anyone have luck loading maps onto a Forerunner 910XT?

PLEASE  :unsure:

I found a work around but it takes time.  You have to use Garmin Express and import the .tcx files as an activity.  Then convert it to a course and make sure you untick "stay on road" and tick "km markers".  You can then send them to your device.  That's the easy part.  The difficult part is Garmin Express does not recognise the supplied .tcx files so you have to create them yourself by converting the .gpx files to .tcx files using a tcx converter.  I used http://tcx-converter.software.informer.com/download/

Archived